- Ensures all accounting information and related records are kept in an effective and organised manner and in compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Reviews and appraises all areas of responsibility and brings forward recommendations for improvement.
A well established and successful organisation looking for a Financial Accountant with some Management Accounting ability as well.
- Ensure monthly Consolidated Management Accounts are submitted on time and accurately in line with group deadlines
- Assist with monthly and annual forecast reporting ensuring they are submitted accurately and in line with group deadlines
- Prepare Sales reporting and analysis accurately and in line with weekly group deadlines
- Prepare monthly financial statements against forecast, providing commentary for budget holders review with CFO and CEO
- Investigate, resolve and provide commentary on variances on Management Accounts and Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Oversee Capex in line with Group authority matrix
- Responsibility for Inter-company accounting processes and monthly reconciliations
- Liase with group team on Debtors / Creditors ensuring all ledgers are maintained in a timely fashion with all reconciliations / reporting completed monthly in a timely manner
- Ownership of Group stock reporting ensuring accuracy and completeness
- Develop financial policies and procedures for the company and monitor compliance
- Process monthly and quarterly HMRC returns timely and accurately
- Preparation of draft statutory accounts for the Group in accordance with IFRS
- Preparation of draft statutory accounts for subsidiaries in compliance with FRS102
- Preparation and review of Group Corporation Tax
- Provision of information to auditors as required
- Manage accounting for leases under IFRS16
- Ownership of entity accounts for new entities including integration into Group processes to deadline
- Undertake other ad hoc tasks and financial project work in relation to acquisitions
- Assist with process improvements including system upgrades, company integration's and changes in legislation ensuring compliance with existing accounting standards
- Cover for Group Financial Controller including cash-flow management
- Advanced Excel (particularly in use of pivot tables).
- Minimum Part qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA.
- Experience working in multi-company/multi-currency environments.
- Experience and good working knowledge of consolidation and business combinations.
A competitive salary and benefits package