Senior Management Accountant
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Management Accountant to join a well-known, PE-backed consumer goods business based in central London.
My client is a rapid-growth PE-backed consumer goods business based in central London.
The Senior Management Accountant will play a key role in ensuring that the management accounts process is smooth and reporting is clear, accurate and right first time.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Ownership of the month end management accounts process
- Line management for 1 direct report
- Monthly P&L variance analysis
- Management of central overheads
- Ownership of prepayments, accruals, direct costs & controllable costs
- Preparation of the month end P&Ls for 35 stores across the UK
- Supporting the Store managers to grow their business
- Preparation of VAT reconciliations
- Support the Financial Controller to improve processes
- Supporting the head of FP&A in ad-hoc requests
- Year end audit requests
- Ad-hoc projects and tasks as requested by the Financial Controller
The successful Senior Management Accountant will have the following credentials:
- Qualified accountant - ACA/ACCA/CIMA or qualified by experience
- Experience within the retail/consumer/luxury/hospitality goods sector desirable
- Multi-site P&L management accounts production
- Know the basics - double-entry book keeping, balance sheet recs, management reporting, cashflow management, month-end process
- Strong excel skills. VLOOKUP's, SUMIFS, pivots.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to interact with a wide variety of stakeholders
Basic salary of between £50,000 to £55,000 + benefits & excellent scope for progression