Firmwide Economic Scenarios - Vice President
The Firmwide Economic Scenarios & Analytics team within Global Finance oversees the development and distribution of the full set of economic assumptions used in the Firm’s forecasting processes. The team collaborates with the Economics and Strategy Research teams, CFO/Financial Planning teams, Risk functions, and other corporate areas such as Investor Relations and the Regulatory Capital Management Office. Economic assumptions cover key US and global economic indicators, fixed income markets, equity markets, etc., and accordingly, a broad knowledge base across economics and finance is essential. The team develops scenarios across a range of potential economic backdrops which are distributed firmwide.
Overview & Responsibilities
The VP is expected to play an integral role in the development and growth of the team. The role can expect to have exposure to senior leaders, including but not limited to, the Firm’s CFO and CRO and will have the opportunity to develop important managerial and analytical skills required to advance in the Finance organization. The VP will:
As a key part of the scenario design, analyze historical trends to independently assess the trajectories of prior economic and financial cycles, and the performance of various asset classes within those cycles.
- Explain key elements of the scenarios and economic environment to primary stakeholders such as senior management, LOBs, and Risk, Finance and quantitative model development teams.
- Lead communications and meetings across diverse functions, locations and businesses to facilitate discussions, drive priorities and ensure consensus among stakeholders and senior management. Examples of key stakeholders include lines of business, Investor Relations, CIB Research, Risk, Regulatory Capital Management Office and senior management within Risk and Finance
- Manage enhancements to processes and assess the conceptual and financial soundness of strategic implementation following changes in regulatory or internal requirements, firmwide processes and / or emerging best practices
- Oversee and participate in hands-on review of economic forecasting methodologies, documentation, process, and data to assess conceptual and financial soundness of the implementations, as well as compliance with rules and best practices.
- Lead ad-hoc analysis as needed, e.g. evaluating Firm’s exposure and sensitivity to key macroeconomic variables, and connecting macroeconomic drivers to emerging industry trends.
Monitor daily economic releases and events, and stay abreast of trends in equity markets, fixed income markets, mortgage markets, etc. and anticipate impacts to current economic assumptions and stress scenario design.
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Economics, Finance, or related field; Master’s or Ph.D. a plus
- 8+ years of work experience, with a strong interest in Finance and / or Economics
- Familiarity with econometric forecasting methods as well as macroeconomic and financial market data sources; strong Excel and Microsoft Office skills; knowledge of EViews or VBA or similar a plus
- Exceptionally detail-oriented with the ability to synthesize large amounts of data, summarize key concepts and clearly articulate relevant conclusions
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills, with the ability to prepare executive level presentations
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills. Inquisitive nature, ability to ask right questions and escalate issues
- Self-starter, able to work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment with a proven track record of execution against deliverables
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment with frequently changing priorities and to meet deadlines under pressure
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.