India Billing Risk Management – Senior Manager
State Street’s Billing Risk Management (BRM) function focuses on mitigating risk from within the first line of defense (FLOD) through control monitoring, enhancement, and execution of Assurance Events. Assurance Events are part of State Street’s overall risk monitoring framework and are conducted for the purpose of assessing the system of internal controls.
The Centralized Testing Team (CTT) under BRM is a critical component of Risk Management at State Street as it allows the self-identification of issues and improvement to the system of internal control. The CTT performs a business control function focusing on the design appropriateness and operating effectiveness of controls within billing processes. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with Global Billing Operations (GBO) and Business Unit teams in supporting the timely execution of required assurance activities.
The Billing Risk Management Officer is expected to collaboratively work with the Centralized Testing Team’s AVP and VP in supporting the timely execution of assurance activities. The Officer is expected to 1) assesses that internal controls over operational risks are properly designed, 2) execute control and/or substantive testing to see if controls are operating effectively, and 3) identify issues to improve operational risk mitigation. This position is perfect for an individual with a strong interest in joining a top tier financial services firm and has experience with risk assessment and internal control methodology. The successful candidate must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn superior project management skills, and already possess strong customer service capabilities. It is expected that in this role the candidate will need to dig deep and learn end-to-end operational and billing processes.
- Oversee and manage successful delivery of Centralized Testing Team (CTT) deliverables within agreed due dates and in accordance with relevant policies and framework(s). (Sr Mgr Officer Only)
- Utilize project management and analytical skills in working closely with Assurance Leads, stakeholders and the various Business Unit teams to ensure a high level of coordination and transparency into delivery of quality testing work. (Officer Only)
- Execute first line controls testing (e.g. writing test steps, defining populations, selecting samples, pulling and reviewing documentation, performing testing, assessing and documenting results, etc.).
- Understand and apply the Business Controls Assurance Guide and develop subject matter expertise in this area
- Build business knowledge of both operational and technical components related to the company’s Billing function to support the performance of controls testing
- Instill confidence by demonstrating credibility and expertise on control issues
- Maintain the highest level of personal integrity in all dealings thereby mitigating reputational risk to State Street and its customers
- Other tasks as required
Education / Experience / Skills:
The following are required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accountancy, Business or related field
- Atleast 10 years of work experience with internal control methodology, audit and/or testing
- Demonstrates ability to assess internal control design and operating effectiveness
- Strong business writing and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly and concisely present issues to applicable parties
- Excellent critical thinking skills; ability to manage ambiguity; ask the right questions to obtain clear answers
- Excellent attention to details and accuracy
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to manage own time in order to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to exercise professional skepticism
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous tasks in a high-pressure, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Customer focused with the ability to effectively collaborate with individuals across business units/lines
- Team player
The following are strongly preferred:
- Certified Public Accountant, Chartered Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor designation or its equivalent
- Experience in the financial services sector
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.