Head of Alternative Investment Services, VP
Who we are looking for
The successful candidate will lead the AlS team in Luxembourg primarily focused on building strong client relationships and leading the operations teams servicing our alternatives mandates. The candidate will assist in setting and executing the AIS strategy to expand our business and meet our financial objectives. This is a senior level position dealing with all levels of management internally and externally. The candidate must have strong interpersonal and communication skills and a strong accounting background with proven record of managing staff and building scalable and efficiency operations that deliver high quality services for clients. The candidate will also play an important role in representing the firm externally within industry groups and contributing thought leadership.
Why this role is important to us
Alternative Investment Solutions (AIS) is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
What you will be responsible for
As Head of the AIS team, you will:
- Build strong working relationships with client contacts, including investment professionals, auditors and banking personnel.
- Support the sales process and ensure that we continue to win organic business and achieve our financial objectives
- Ensue that the team delivers high quality service to our clients.
- Develop strategies to ensure we continue to improve client service and scale our business.
- Ensure strong operational controls and risk excellence
- Drive our operational enhancements and product development
- Attract, develop and retain top talent. Ensure the development and implementation of training for all levels of accounting staff and management.
- Contribute to a collaborative working culture. Interact and collaborate with other service teams across the organization to deliver seamless solutions for our clients
- Represent AIS in local forums and industry groups. Enhance the group’s profile and contribute to the advancement of the industry’s goals
- Lead presentations to clients to showcase our outsourced solutions and products highlighting our unique value proposition
What we value
- Solid experience, including 10+ years of managerial experience.
- Experience in the private equity or real assets industry or relevant experience.
- Strong track record of delivering financial results and expanding market share
- Good knowledge of the Luxembourg regulatory environment is desirable.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- College degree in accounting. Professional accounting qualification preferably ACA, ACCA
- Familiarity with Investran is beneficial but not essential
- Fluent in English – any other major European languages are an advantage.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.