Consultant, Fund Admin, HFS
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We strive to have a globally diverse workforce where engagement and inclusion drive business excellence. We believe in the power of collaborative partnerships and are proud to work with a number of organisations across EMEA who provide us with ongoing knowledge, education and insights to support our efforts.
We monitor our progress by participating in market benchmarks which assess industry best practice and are delighted to have received a Silver Award from the Mind Workplace Wellbeing Index over two consecutive years, and a Gold Award from the UK Ministry of Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
We are currently recruiting for a position in the Financial Control team within our growing Hedge fund services department. From a career development perspective, the individual will learn to work effectively in a fast-paced environment that provides services to sophisticated clients. The individual will get exposure to many different product types across all sectors. The individual will also learn the complete cycle from start to finish when a client executes a trade. This will enable the individual to understand the full picture of hedge fund administration and also be able to effectively engage the appropriate shared service team within HFS.
Key responsibilities of the role
A role within the Financial Control within Hedge Fund Services will entail work in one or all three of the below broad areas of responsibility:
- Preparation and review of Operating Expenses for funds on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Production and review of month end Close Packs for various clients on weekly/monthly basis.
- Interact with clients and other to obtain understanding of funds’ activities
- Participate in financial statements preparation and review for funds on an annual basis.
- Work directly with external auditors to ensure accuracy of each fund’s annual financial statements.
- Work with shared services teams to ensure timely follow up and completion of audit requests.
- Participate in the quarterly preparation and review of regulatory reporting for applicable funds.
- Work with the teams in Limerick and Chicago to further improve the existing Annex IV solution.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- 3rd level qualification in a finance related discipline
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or equivalent) or working towards qualification. (Preferable but not required)
- Knowledge of hedge funds and other alternative investment structures an advantage
- Knowledge of financial reporting including US GAAP & IFRS financial statements and footnote disclosures an advantage
- Financial analysis
- Client service experience
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.