(Japanese-speaking) Consultant / Senior Consultant, International Tax Services (Transfer Pricing)
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Our global transfer pricing practice is recognized as a market leader in advising on relevant aspects of intercompany transactions. We offer depth of experience through a worldwide network of dedicated transfer pricing economists and tax professionals.
Join our transfer pricing professionals to help clients build, manage, document, review and defend transfer pricing policies and processes — aligning them with business strategy. You’ll work with organizations to build the proactive, pragmatic and integrated strategies that address the tax risks of today’s businesses and help companies achieve the highest potential.
Your key responsibilities
- Preparing transfer pricing policy, planning reports and documentation to substantiate transfer pricing position taken
- Assisting with application for and negotiation of rulings and Advanced Pricing Agreements (APAs) where clients would like up-front certainty on transfer pricing positions
- Transfer pricing planning, including Operating Model Effectiveness projects that seek to obtain tax benefits from business restructuring
- Acting as the preferred advisor to multinational companies, addressing ad hoc transfer pricing queries
Skills and attributes for success
- Analyzing information, applying economic and financial knowledge to client situations, and developing effective approaches to clients' financial circumstances
- Taking a lead in developing recommendations and implementation plans
- Developing and delivering transfer pricing and economic ideas with timely, responsive services and work products, and identify opportunities for transfer pricing and other services
- Managing transfer pricing engagements and business development initiatives
- Assisting in managing engagement economics by organizing staffing, tracking fees and communicating issues to project leaders
- Build strong internal relationships within the transfer pricing team and across other services
To qualify for the role you must have
- A degree, preferably in economic, finance, law, tax or accounting; a CPA or similar certification
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in transfer pricing
- High Japanese language proficiency/ JLPT N1
- Good verbal/written communication skills
- Strong organizational, project management and analytical skills
Ideally, you also have
- Accreditation by SCTP
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What we offer
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.