Tax - Global Compliance and Reporting - Senior/ Staff Associate
Our tax practice revolves around helping our clients effectively manage their tax obligations proactively and responsibly. As part of a global team of 35,000 tax professionals in 150 countries, you will advise clients on planning, compliance and reporting wherever the client has needs. Our unwavering commitment to quality service and our technical networks enable you to help clients reduce inefficiencies, mitigate risk and improve opportunities within their tax functions. Groups (or, as we call them – sub-service lines) within Tax include Business Tax Services, Global Compliance and Reporting, Human Capital, Indirect Tax Services, International Tax Services and Transaction Tax Services.
Our business tax services help clients succeed by assisting them with the strategic and operational challenges facing their tax functions, analyzing tax opportunities and benefits that can be attained by them, assisting clients in identifying and managing strategic opportunities and risks that relate to significant prospective planning, and providing tax-related domestic and cross-border planning and compliance assistance to business-connected individuals and their associated entities. Be part of a global team that helps build sustainable tax strategies; assesses, improves and monitors tax functions’ processes, controls and risk management; and supports clients in managing effective relationships with tax authorities.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Your key responsibilities
As a Business Tax Services Senior, you’ll make technical contributions to business tax compliance and tax advisory engagements. You’ll actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships. You may participate in preparing or reviewing income tax returns for complex organizations in diverse and specialized industries; identifying tax savings and risk reducing opportunities for consideration and implementation; preparing or reviewing the statutory accounts for a domestic or foreign client; and preparing estimated tax liabilities to assist the client in meeting its tax payment obligations.
Skills and attributes for success
- Participate in business tax compliance and tax advisory engagements
- Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress
- Assist in preparing reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel
- Build strong internal relationships within the business tax compliance team and across other services
To qualify for the role you must have:
- A bachelor's degree in accounting or a related field (MBA, Masters of Tax and LLM a plus) with strong academic credentials
- A minimum of 2 years of Hong Kong corporate tax experience gained from the financial industry or public accounting firm is desirable
- Professional accountancy qualification or working towards gaining one
- Strong negotiation skills, able to sustain opinion and handle challenges
- Team player with ability to create, sustain and lead effective teams
- Fluent English and Cantonese, Mandarin will be an advantage
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
What we look for
We’re interested in professionals who enjoy promoting the people agenda in organizations and change initiatives, bringing people issues and challenges to the forefront. You’ll need the confidence to keep the people agenda front and center, and the interpersonal skills and communications savvy to do this in a way that integrates well with executive priorities and objectives.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our services. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and hospitalization benefits, group life and personal accident insurance, annual leave and Mandatory Provident Fund and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
If you’re looking for a role that’ll challenge you, give you opportunities to grow and encourage you to own your career, this role is for you.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.