India Billing Risk Management – Assistant Vice President
State Street’s Billing Risk Management (BRM) function focuses on mitigating risk from within the first line of defense (FLOD) through control monitoring, enhancement, and execution of Assurance Events. Assurance Events are part of State Street’s overall risk monitoring framework and are conducted for the purpose of assessing the system of internal controls.
The Centralized Testing Team (CTT) under BRM is a critical component of Risk Management at State Street as it allows the self-identification of issues and improvement to the system of internal control. The CTT performs a business control function focusing on the design appropriateness and operating effectiveness of controls within billing processes. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with Global Billing Operations (GBO) and Business Unit teams in supporting the timely execution of required assurance activities.
The Billing Risk Management AVP is expected to act as the Assurance Lead. The AVP will lead the team’s execution of Assurance Events in order to 1) assesses that internal controls (including IT general controls) over operational risks are properly designed, 2) execute control and/or substantive testing to see if controls are operating effectively, and 3) identify issues to improve operational risk mitigation. This position is perfect for an individual with a strong interest in joining a top tier financial services firm and has experience with risk assessment and internal control methodology. The successful candidate must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn superior project management skills, and already possess strong customer service capabilities. It is expected that in this role the candidate will need to dig deep and learn end-to-end operational and billing processes.
- Build and continuously develop a dedicated team to achieve and sustain an effective assurance function and best-in-class controls and substantive testing program
- Manage the local team: review and provide feedback on team deliverables; recruit, retain and develop individuals
- Lead the team through the execution of first line controls testing (e.g. writing test steps, defining populations, selecting samples, pulling and reviewing documentation, performing testing, assessing and documenting results, etc.)
- Lead the identification and risk assessment of issues; draft recommendations and liaise with GBO/business units to remediate risks, findings and gaps identified during the Assurance Events
- Understand and apply the Business Controls Assurance Guide and develop subject matter expertise in this area
- Build business knowledge of both operational and technical components related to the company’s Billing function to support the performance of controls testing
- Instill confidence by demonstrating credibility and expertise on control issues
- Maintain the highest level of personal integrity in all dealings thereby mitigating reputational risk to State Street and its customers
- Other tasks as required
Education / Experience / Skills:
The following are required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accountancy, Business or related field
- Atleast 12 years of work experience with internal control methodology, audit and/or testing
- Demonstrates ability to assess internal control design and operating effectiveness
- Understanding and experience with IT general controls and application controls. Additionally, knowledge and experience with deciphering data lineaging, SQL coding, and other source system analytics
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities with solid interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively across all organizational tiers; A strong customer service mindset is a must
- Strong business writing and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly and concisely present issues to applicable parties
- Excellent critical thinking skills; ability to manage ambiguity; ask the right questions to obtain clear answers
- Excellent attention to details and accuracy
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to manage own time in order to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to exercise professional skepticism
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous tasks in a high-pressure, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Customer focused with the ability to effectively collaborate with individuals across business units/lines
- Team player
The following are strongly preferred:
- Certified Public Accountant, Chartered Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor designation or its equivalent
- Experience in the financial services sector
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.