Sr Analyst, Fin Reporting (Fund Accounting Change & Transformational Team)
The Fund Accounting Change and Transformational Team for Reporting is responsible for designing, building, and deploying innovative solutions in the Reporting space of the Fund Administration business.
The objectives of the Team includes, but are not limited to the following:
- Establish a standard operating model across catered locations
- Optimize platform capabilities and data feeds
- Develop a straight through process flow with upstream teams
- Enhance the external audit management with data owners
- Enable an exception-based review process
The team’s main client are the Financial Reporting and Regulatory Reporting operational teams. The output reports are prepared by the operational teams on a cyclical basis (e.g, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual or annually) depending on the team in accordance with regulatory guidelines in the home country (e.g., Ireland, Luxembourg, Switzerland, U.K. and U.S).
A good understanding of the Financial Reporting and/or Regulatory Reporting process is key for the job holder to execute the project activities. The activities to be performed revolve around the Design-Develop-Execute model.
- Execute project activities using agreed methodology with detailed documentation (e.g., tests, research, process understanding, presentation)
- Demonstrate technical adeptness on the process and systems through proactive discussions with the team
- Provide timely status reports of activities within the team and certain stakeholders, especially issues and risks that can affect project timelines
- Coordinate with stakeholders for which the activities have dependencies from (e.g., system capability owners, upstream data owners, Reporting operational teams)
- Coordinate activities with dependency stakeholders including setting up discussions, establishing workflows and raise/close-out issues
- Actively participate in team huddles and meetings
- Share best practices to improve project approach and methodologies
- Complete project activities according to agreed timeline
- Focused Client Relationships – strong client servicing mind set and skills
- Personal Courage – Adaptable to change, adopting new processes and seeks continuous development opportunities, shows accountability to ensure team targets are achieved
- Excellence in Execution – Quality & deadline focused, strong organization skills and the ability to prioritize tasks, strong attention to detail
- Diversity, Inclusion & Respect – demonstrates a polite and friendly manner when working with colleagues and clients, works to assist others in a courteous manner
- Innovative Thinking – ability to identify and communicate ways to improve processes, services and drive productivity
- Effective Communication – communicates effectively (verbal and written) up to senior levels
- Northern Trust Savvy – Demonstrates good knowledge of Northern Trust and builds knowledge of function (post joining) including standard, processes/procedures required for tasks and has the ability to impart this knowledge effectively with more junior staff members
Experience and Qualifications
- At least 2 years of financial statement preparation or assurance services in an Audit Firm, or financial institution;
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is highly desirable
- Background in regulatory / statutory reporting will be preferred
- Experience on transitions/consolidation of various systems and completing necessary reconciliations (preferred)
- Experience on tax and regulatory reporting (preferred)
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of accounting and regulatory concepts, financial instruments and products acquired through studies and related work experience
- Excellent desktop, IT and systems skills. Experience of Sungard InvestOne fund accounting platform or Confluence Unity/FundARC Suite financial reporting systems advantageous. Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Essential Knowledge of US GAAP, UK GAAP, Lux GAAP, Swiss GAAP or IFRS through studies and/or work experience (preferred)
- Knowledge of related systems: Bloomberg, Reuters (preferred)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as this role requires interaction at all levels of the organization and externally, fluent English necessary.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.