Tax Graduate - Private Client Services, Tax Disputes and Resolutions
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Working hard and working together, our Tax team thrives on keeping busy. They service our clients around the world with everything from day-to-day compliance with tax authorities to advice on international tax to transaction support on mergers and acquisitions. That diversity of work requires a diversity of talents. Tax attracts specialists for the most technically complex challenges, versatile thinkers for large clients with varied problems and brilliant innovators who create tomorrow’s bespoke solutions. The graduate programme starts you off in compliance, immediately taking on important responsibilities including preparing corporate tax returns. You’ll take on more and more challenging work as you develop and will be able to specialise in a specific tax area or an audit group to really explore where your talents are most suited.
We’ll help you succeed
The three-year Tax Graduate Programme is your opportunity to learn our sector inside out, get real experience on real projects and achieve a recognised professional qualification. We’ll cover your exam fees and give you the study leave and extra training you’ll need to pass them while you balance your own workload. That training isn’t just about passing the exams, you’ll learn a range of personal, management and client-related skills that will help you become a full rounded BDO advisor and achieve your full potential.
Programme & Qualification
BDO offer the Chartered Tax Advisor (CTA) Qualification on the Level 7 apprenticeship programme. This Apprenticeship is an employer-designed programme which offers a route to become a Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA). A career in tax will provide you with variety, if you enjoy working with people, the challenge of problem solving and an ever-changing, dynamic working environment then a career in tax is for you. The duration of this programme is 36 months.
As a trainee in the Tax Dispute Resolution department, you will work closely with senior members of the team to deliver our range of services. You will gain understanding of and experience in tax investigation work by assisting with voluntary disclosures, complex enquiries and the process involved in achieving a satisfactory negotiated settlement between the client and HMRC. You can expect a great variety of challenging work and constant new experience. The practical experience gained through your client work will serve to reinforce and enrich the specialist tax knowledge that you gain through your professional studies.
- Assist with the preparation of disclosure reports, including all computational aspects, for submission to HMRC, reporting to senior members of the team
- Collate and analyse relevant documentation and information to assist senior members of the team to identify matters for further investigation
- Present and produce high quality schedules and appendices for inclusion in the disclosure report
- Accompany senior members of the team to meetings with clients and/or HMRC and assist with the preparation for and follow-up from such meetings, as required
- Assist with general correspondence and administration (including billing) for client projects
- Participate in marketing initiatives and support senior members on ad-hoc projects and department administration, as required
- Successfully study towards your professional qualification and, where relevant, corresponding apprenticeship
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you’re right for us, you’ll thrive in an environment built to help you succeed. We’re looking for someone with:
- A 2:2 degree in any discipline (obtained or predicted)
- Three A-levels or equivalent at A* to C excluding General Studies and Extended Projects (obtained or predicted)
- A* to C in Maths and English at GCSE/Scottish Standards or equivalent (non-UK qualifications also considered)
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well as offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
For further information, and to
apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.