Assistant Financial Controller
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Assistant Financial Controller is a high-profile role within the Extended Finance Leadership Team and takes ownership and responsibility for a number of areas within the Financial Controllership function (with 4-5 Senior direct reports). In addition to this, the role supports the Financial Controller with additional finance projects and deputises for the Financial Controller as required.
A leading British retailer, part of an international group who additionally operate throughout Ireland, Italy, Norway, the Netherlands and Thailand.
- Oversight, leadership and review of all Group and statutory reporting, close processing and compliance for BUK and ROI within the Controllership function;
- Lead, mentor and ensure the integration and continued personal development of the Financial Controllership team and take personal responsibility for leading and supporting the team through change within the Finance team including processes and systems;
- Build strong working relationships with Genpact peer groups across the R2R, P2P and OTC functions to support the smooth operation of the finance function and the integration of the on and offshore teams, facilitating quick escalation and resolution of issues, including the monitoring, review and escalation of Genpact KPIs.
- Providing leadership and oversight over the statutory audit process and deliverables including statutory accounts;
- Providing support to team and wider business as required on more complex technical accounting areas and technical accounting papers, including additional tasks and/or projects as required.
- Experienced qualified finance professional (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with strong and up-to-date technical accounting knowledge with experience of IFRS, US GAAP reporting and SOX compliance;
- Proven ability to build, manage and develop a strong and effective finance team, and the ability to lead and motivate colleagues through periods of change;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate across all levels including senior stakeholders, and the ability to engage, lead and motivate others to work collaboratively across the wider business within the UK and offshore;
- Passionate and results-driven, with ability to manage and prioritise tasks both individually and for the wider team around tight reporting deadlines;
- Proven experience of timely and accurate delivery of both month-end and year-end reporting including statutory audits;
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays & option to buy an additional 5 days annual leave
- Annual discretionary bonus plan
- Market leading staff discount scheme
- Competitive company pension scheme
- Flexible benefits scheme available ranging from private medical insurance, cycle to work scheme and many more
- Onsite Staff Shop, Opticians, Gym, Costa, Canteen and Dry Cleaning