Employment Tax Manager P&O
We help our clients stay ahead of changes that impact their businesses, navigating complexity and risk. We deliver deep tax technical, people and legal expertise, while providing the critical context to make informed and compliant decisions. With clients ranging from multinational organisations and public sector bodies to entrepreneurs and family businesses, the work we do is diverse.
Hear from Ed Stacey, Tax People Leader about what a career in Tax could mean for you - from development, to our culture, to what we value in our people when building our team.
A career in our Employment Tax and Benefits practice, within People and Organisation Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients reset their talent strategies and deliver extraordinary business results through their people. We focus on evaluating and managing their unique challenges so our clients can maximise their return on the overall investment in human capital. You’ll gain a tremendous depth of expertise in all aspects of human capital, including creating sustainable value through people culture and change, designing compensation and retirement strategies, and improving human capital operations.
Our team helps employers manage the size of their workforce and reduce workforce liability. You’ll focus on employer taxation compliance and tax authority review preparation. Additionally, our team assists with validating client internal processes to control risks and costs, and helps facilitate remediation and negotiations with tax authorities.
Who we are looking for
The Reward & Employment team is part of PwC's rapidly growing People & Organisation practice. The team is currently looking for new members of the team who support clients in respect of the “Employment” areas within the spectrum of services. We advise a wide range of national and global clients on many aspects of employment related governance and risks which also looking to maximise opportunities. This can include areas such as:
● Providing advice in respect of PAYE and NIC matters, including payroll, expenses and benefits and dealing with year end reporting (PSA, Form 42, and P11Ds).
● Assisting clients with HMRC investigations and liaising with the tax authorities on their behalf.
● Providing advice on the tax/NIC treatment of non-cash remuneration.
● Undertaking large projects where HMRC requirements have to be met.
● Developing expenses & benefits policies and procedures on behalf of clients.
● Due diligence work in order to identify any material exposure to unpaid tax/NIC which may affect the proposed transaction eg acquisitions or mergers.
● Consulting with clients on compliance with CIS
● Consulting in relation to areas of pay governance such as National Minimum/Living Wage regulations, holiday pay, the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme, and assisting clients to manage risks and/or deal with HMRC enquiries.
● Gender pay gap reporting.
● Ensuring the clients are aware of and understand the impact and what is required in respect of new
legislation when it arises (eg. IR35).
We require a Manager to;
● Work with the team to assist in the development of its market leading position in the London team across all of the areas mentioned above
● Work with our clients and targets to take advantage of the market opportunity that increased level of HMRC scrutiny around employment taxes and pay governance, along with ensuring speed to market for topical issues such as new legislation etc
● Develop and market new propositions to ensure the pipeline of projects remains healthy
● Work with Senior Managers in Improving links with the other teams across the firm to improve cross
team working within People & Organisation
- Have a good knowledge of employment based tax legislation
- Either have, or want to gain knowledge into areas such as Construction Industry Scheme and the various aspects of pay governance
- Either hold or be working towards a recognised tax qualification (CTA) and be committed to a career in taxation
- Work with the wider team in the delivery of client assignments
- Be willing to work as part of a team and be dedicated to the delivery of high-quality client service
- Be seeking to maintain or enhance their knowledge of employment taxes and the broader governance issues
- Be agile and willing to develop experience and knowledge in the broader areas of Reward and Employment
Not the role for you?
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/applyDiversity
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.