Transaction Services – Senior I / Senior II (Ref: HK-S-FAS) (Full- time)
Why join us
You don’t join Mazars by coincidence, you choose Mazars: a global school of excellence where you will be challenged to develop and grow. Progression is tied to education, empowering you to match your career to your aspirations both within and outside our firm. We expect your contribution to what Mazars and our clients do next and reward your ingenuity. Come and write the rest of (y)our story with us – you’ll make friends along the way too. Mazars, the smart choice.
Mazars Transaction Services help businesses and individuals to optimise their outcomes during any transaction process, making even the most complex transactions a success. We are now looking for the right candidate to join our growing team for this position.
What you can expect
Based in Hong Kong, you will be part of a regional team of experts supporting our clients in their M&A process, ranging from Multi-National Corporations to Small and Medium Enterprises as well as Private Equity funds. Our local team in Hong Kong works daily with our other Financial advisory Advisory colleagues across the Asia Pacific region (such as Singapore, Shanghai, Japan, Vietnam and Thailand) and beyond.
From pitches and proposals all the way through to deal completion and post-completion assistance, you will be assisting clients on their domestic and cross-border transactions in APAC with the following roles:
- Handle highly confidential buy-side and sell-side transactions
- Analysing the financial data and other information provided by a seller/target and assessing its relevance and the consistency of its preparation
- Analysing historical performance and identifying non-recurring items to ascertain underlying performance (aka quality of earnings), identify financing needs and confirm the potential for cash flow generation
- Analysing the business plan, other financial forecasts and valuation engagements
- Highlighting the risk areas our clients should be aware of, including matters impacting the pricing of a transaction
- Performing client and industry research and prepare materials to support our pitches and proposals to clients
Who we are looking for
We are looking for collaborative people with strong interest in M&A and existing transaction experience in executing financial due diligence or any other M&A advisory services.
- Bachelor/Master degree in finance, accounting, auditing and/or equivalent professional qualification (CFA, ACCA, CPA Australia, others)
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in transaction services, deals or, M&A in an accounting/professional services firm
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to interpret data, generate insights and construct solutions
- CFA, CPA qualification will be an added advantage
- Strong grasp of business valuation concepts and critical thinking
- Resourceful, self-motivated individual with the ability to multi-task and Proficiency in managing multiple priorities
- Good ability to work under high pressure
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English and Cantonese. Mandarin is a plus
- Excellent team player
- You will be required to act as an ambassador and role model for the firm
If this sounds like you, this could be the perfect opportunity.
*Candidates with more experience will be considered as Senior II.
What we offer
We recognise that rewards are important to you. On top of the base salary you will be receiving, we offer a range of staff caring benefits and policies including medical and dental insurance, life insurance, a 5-day working week, birthday leave and marriage leave. Please apply with detailed resume, current salary, expected salary and availability in strict confidence.
All personal information collected would be for recruitment purpose only.