Business Client Services - Officer
The Global Support Services (GSS) COE Enterprise team seeks a skilled team member that can provide tier 2 application support for in-scope IMS applications and critical path SLA cycle support. This is a dynamic role as part of a global team with varied responsibilities. Candidates must be capable of working in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple conflicting priorities concurrently in an independent manner. Working with colleagues in a team environment and able to communicate and manage stakeholders across all levels of the organization including senior management. Highly effective communicator both in written and oral presentations in English language and able to negotiate and handle difficult situations effectively. Must be highly analytical in problem-solving and decision-making. Proven ability to communicate and work effectively with global team members in a distributed operating model. Candidate must have a high level of attention to detail and a drive to provide outstanding customer service.
- Provide functional support to end users globally for business applications / technologies, covering key deliverable across Fund Accounting, Middle Office and Cash / Custody Services.
- Hypercare support (premium client support for critical clients)
- Seeks to further and then maintain a high level of knowledge and skill across relevant business topics, supported applications and processes.
- Be a day to day contact and a point of escalation for business users and IT counterparts for technical assistance relating to the suite of applications.
- Resolve and or facilitate resolution of issues / incidents that the service desk (tier 1) is unable to resolve. Simulating and recreating issues as needed and providing solutions by working with IT partners via the Corporate ticketing process
- Utilizing extensive end to end application functional knowledge to support and provide analysis (as planned) for business driven projects e.g. operating model changes / significant implementations / conversions. Including onboarding of support function in to GSS where required.
- Provide cycle support for monitored clients, including follow up, updates, notifications and timely escalation of issues
- Establishing process improvement, working closely with teams across IT to highlight business challenges and seeking better solutions and efficiencies within IT or between business and IT
- Interact closely with IT infrastructure and Development groups as part of incident and problem management. Playing an important role in incident management and communication for critical services providing input in the identification and correction of root causes as appropriate
- Act as subject matter expert in the end-to-end Enterprise IT models for the clients supported. Direct Client interactions IT – IT where required, depending on key area of responsibility
- Contribute to MIS governance responsibilities for the Application Support function with focus on monitoring of team performance, chronic application analysis issues and internal continuous improvement exercises to drive team efficiencies
- Coach and mentor junior team members, promote a culture of continuous improvement
- Complete daily, and monthly MIS and KPI reporting as required
- Prepare and maintain Standard Operating procedures
- Adhoc tasks as required
- Weekend and Public holiday support based where required on a pre-determined roster
- Participate in 24x7 global on call support for critical incidents where required
- SQL skills advantageous
- 1-2 years leadership/supervisory experience
- Good project management & organizational skills (including time management)
- Ability to understand and interpret specific client requirements
- Must be self-motivated adaptable and show initiative in different circumstances and under pressure
- Relevant degree or equivalent qualifications with 10+ years’ experience in financial services and/or technology
- Preference will be given to candidates with a thorough knowledge of IMS specific applications (i.e., GTM, RKS, EDW, ESP….)
- SQL skills advantageous
- Ability to multi manage effectively based on priorities
- High level of risk awareness
- Ability to work well as part of a team or as an individual contributor
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written) are sought, and experience working with external clients is of benefit. With an ability to communicate with people at all levels both business and IT
- Strong knowledge of financial business processes, investment management servicing and fund accounting
- Problem solving ability is critical to this role, and a candidate with a proven history in this area is sought.
Why this role is important to us
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We’re driving the company’s digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We’re looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.