Manager, Employment Tax
Vistra is currently looking to recruit a Manager, Employment Tax to support on key employment tax filings, primarily UK Forms P11D due to the additional workload coming into the team following the transfer of one individual into the HR team. Outside of the P11D ‘season’ the individual will provide advisory and compliance support on Global Employment Tax matters including stock returns and taxation.
Open to the whole of UK - Flexible/remote working 5 days a week will be considered, with the need to come into the office as and when required for critical meetings (est. once or twice per month)
Individual will support on Global Employment Tax issues, reporting directly to Employment Tax Director based in the UK and working with the wider Mumbai Employment Tax team of 6 who matrix report into the same Director.
- Review and analysis of UK expenses/benefits information provided by internal team(s) and/or client for benefit reporting (Forms P11D) including inputting reportable information into P11D software (training provided) and producing final draft returns for Line Manager review / client approval (depending on client/complexity).
- Where information is incomplete individual must be sufficiently knowledgeable to liaise with internal teams and/or clients regarding queries/missing data as well as dealing with related client queries, all with minimal manager input.
- Outside main P11D season individual will assist with other country return submissions in an advisory capacity (training and assistance will be given) in addition to general Employment Tax advisory and processing of benefits and stock income.
- Updating country wise process trackers, on-line compliance trackers and respond to management on position of returns filed/outstanding/in progress, etc as required.
- General tax background or previous payroll / employment tax experience.
- Must be able to correspond in English both internally and with clients
- Needs to be confident in providing technical advice on the taxation of UK benefits and
- related payroll matters (Payroll, vs P11D vs PSA, etc)
- Needs to work as part of the wider team but be self-motivated and disciplined to work
- Without constant management supervision (but will always be supported)
Minimum of 2 years specific employment tax experience or 5+ years general tax experience which has included advising on benefits and related taxation. Experience with international employment taxes (eg management of expatriate staff would be useful but not essential).
Education and Professional Qualification
No specific requirements, however, membership of a relevant tax/accounting professional body is desirable.