This is a great opportunity for a driven and talented individual to make a real difference as part of a dedicated and professional team. As a fund accountant in Langham Hall’s London office, the individual will be responsible for supervising a small team of accountants providing accounting and administrative services to a portfolio of private equity clients.
This is a position best suited to an accountant with good experience in preparation of annual accounts and understanding transactions. In addition a good knowledge of consolidations and group accounts will be necessary.
- Primary contact for clients with daily contact and regular in-person client meetings.
- Take ownership of portfolios of clients and customer relationships; implement policies, procedures and checklists.
- Compile and analyse financial information underlying the financial statements, including the treatment of business transactions.
- Oversee preparation of management accounts both at asset and fund level, including supporting files and review of all work produced by team.
- Preparation of consolidations.
- Bank debt covenant reporting.
- Production of quarterly NAVs.
- Investor tax, CIS and VAT reporting.
- Responsible for team planning, monitoring deadlines and coaching and developing junior staff members.
- Cash flow forecasting and treasury work.
- Plan year end audit including audit files and liaise with external auditors and clients.
- Prepare statutory financial statements in accordance with IFRS or UK GAAP.
- Contribute recommendations for improving the organisation's operations.
In addition to the duties listed above, the candidate may be requested to perform any other ad hoc duties or projects as requested.
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
Required Technical Knowledge/Skills:
- Strong technical accounting skills, ideally gained within real estate funds or an asset management environment.
- A full understanding of UK GAAP or IFRS and other relevant accounting standards, and related preparation of statutory financial statements and auditor liaison.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals and performance measurement reports at asset and fund level.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations for which there may be little precedence.
- Some experience of effectively presenting information and responding to questions from groups of managers and especially clients.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Confident and proactive approach and professional attitude to work
- Highly organised with good time management and planning skills.
Desired Technical Knowledge / Skills:
- Experience in supervising or coaching staff.
- Working knowledge of US GAAP.
- Knowledge of Sun Systems.
- 24 days holiday.
- Discretionary bonus scheme.
- Healthcare and pension after qualifying period.
About Langham Hall
Langham Hall provides premium quality accounting, fund administration and investor reporting services to Real Estate and Private Equity Fund clients.
Langham Hall invests in people and in developing them professionally. We are extremely proud of our leadership-focused culture which fosters a dedicated, approachable and collaborative way of working. We offer the opportunity to progress your career and study professional qualifications; through intensive training and where applicable, full exam tuition and study support.
Langham Hall is a fast-growing company and as such staff experience a variety of responsibilities and inclusion in exciting initiatives beyond their day-to-day role. Employees are supported and encouraged to deliver a first-class service and opportunities are identified at an early stage for employees to engage with our clients which enables them feel involved and challenged in their work.
We are proud of our positive working culture which is reinforced through our employees and our extremely low staff turnover and we seek out people that believe in our values.
For more information, and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button below.