As a Fund Accountant at Langham Hall, you will be a technical manager and practitioner who leads the delivery of our day to day client accounting and administration services. We will help train and develop your skills so that you become an industry specialist that can help guide your clients through a plethora of problems. Supervising our diverse teams of capable professionals you will take on line management responsibilities and ownership of your team’s activities. You will review all of their work, enhancing team cohesion, whilst building strong client relationships across a portfolio of clients, funds, SPVs and associated entities.
This opportunity is best suited to a talented qualified accountant with management experience. You will be responsible for building a successful team who will make a real difference within an exciting and evolving industry.
- Client relationship manager for a portfolio
- Team leadership & line management of client service teams – typically up to 5 people
- Ownership and ultimate responsibility of deliverables
- Self-sufficient in the ability to deliver successful client services without the need for active supervision
- Review, management and responsibility for the delivery of ranging tasks within our accounting and administration services including but not limited to;
- Bookkeeping for all transactions and activity across a range of funds, SPVs and structure companies
- The preparation of management accounts & NAVs
- The production of quarterly investor reports
- Preparation of VAT data and VAT returns
- Producing and distributing partnership capital accounts
- Preparing key calculations such as management fees, carried interest and loan agreements
- Producing financial statements – typically IFRS or UK GAAP compliant
- Issuing drawdown and distribution notices
- Equalisations and other complex fund mechanics
- Cash flow statements, cash flow forecasts and cash monitoring
- Responding to investor queries and reporting requirements
- Statutory information and reporting including FATCA, CRS, CIS, tax and Companies House filings
- Carrying out AML and Client Due Diligence checks on both our Fund Managers and for delegated services, their Investors
- Treasury services – transactions and monitoring
- Ultimate responsibility for the successful planning and operation of the team activities paying close attention to competing deadlines
- Responsibility for coaching, mentoring, developing and training direct staff and contributing to the wider Langham Hall Learning & Development programme
- Audit engagement management and liaison for the timely and effective completion of providing audit information and ensuring sign off
- Liaison and relationship management of key third parties including Investors, Lawyers, managing agents, auditors, other administrators and service providers
- Obtain, understand and be able to advise on financial documentation such as Limited Partnership Agreements, Side Letters, loan agreements, bank agreements and structuring papers
- Take ownership of the control environment, processes used and materials developed within the team
- Manage team efficiency
- Contribute to the development of the business
- Support the implementation of strategic changes and updates
- Get involved in wider aspects of the business such as recruitment, working groups, business development, pitches for new work and delivering core training
- Where appropriate, successfully onboard new engagements and establish successful client relationships
In addition to the duties listed above, the candidate may be requested to perform any other ad hoc duties or projects as requested.
Required Technical Knowledge / Skills
- A formal professional accountancy qualification – typically either ACCA, ACA or CIMA
- The aptitude to successfully lead a high caliber team
- Experience in supervising and developing staff
- The experience and enthusiasm to be able to successfully manage and build positive and effective client relationships
- Strong technical accounting skills with the ability to pick up a broad range of challenges including consolidations, financial disclosures, complex financial instruments, acquisitions, disposals and VAT
- A solid understanding of UK GAAP and IFRS with the ability to pick up other standards such as US GAAP as required
- The confidence and competency to be able to lead independently, problem solve new situations, manage difficult situations and provide stability and organisation to both internal teams and clients
- The ability to be able to convey complex financial mechanics and information clearly and to varied audiences
- The experience and ability to be a major contributor to the apprenticeship model which we adopt as a training firm
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to be able to interpret complex financial information and legal documentation
- The ability to contribute to and build our professionalism and values
- 24 days annual leave
- Cycle to work Scheme
- discretionary bonus scheme
- 5% employer pension contribution
About Langham Hall
Langham Hall provides premium quality accounting, fund administration and investor reporting services to Real Estate and Private Equity Fund clients.
Langham Hall invests in people and in developing them professionally. We are extremely proud of our leadership-focused culture which fosters a dedicated, approachable and collaborative way of working. We offer the opportunity to progress your career and study professional qualifications; through intensive training and where applicable, full exam tuition and study support.
Langham Hall is a fast-growing company and as such staff experience a variety of responsibilities and inclusion in exciting initiatives beyond their day-to-day role. Employees are supported and encouraged to deliver a first-class service and opportunities are identified at an early stage for employees to engage with our clients which enables them feel involved and challenged in their work.
We are proud of our positive working culture which is reinforced through our employees and our extremely low staff turnover and we seek out people that believe in our values.
For more information, and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button below.