Assistant Fund Accountant
We currently have opportunities for accountants to join our London office as an Assistant Fund Accountant. This is a key role for a training or newly qualified accountant who wants to further develop core knowledge and skills within accounting and administration services.
As an Assistant Fund Accountant, you are a key contact for our clients. You will organise the service team, review a wide range of work, lead and train others, develop technical expertise and start to gain an understanding of how to run a portfolio of clients. This role reports to a Fund Accountant who will be fully qualified and takes ultimate responsibility for the success of the portfolio. The Fund Accountant will provide you with oversight, management and guidance to support your professional progression and enhance your skills further.
This opportunity would be well suited to an individual with a strong competence in accounting with the ability to prepare a full set of accounts without support. They will need to be a driven individual who is keen to develop their management potential, leading client services and taking on significant responsibility.
- Take ownership of a client portfolio
- Build positive, effective and efficient client and team relationships
- Understand the key needs and operations of a client portfolio
- Prepare complex calculations and models such as fund waterfalls, equalisations, consolidations and reporting metrics like IRRs
- Review, organise, be able to prepare and help train on the delivery of key services including but not limited to;
- Bookkeeping for all transactions and activity across a range of funds, SPVs and structure companies
- The preparation of management accounts & NAVs
- The production of quarterly investor reports
- Preparation of VAT data and VAT returns
- Producing and distributing partnership capital accounts
- Preparing key calculations such as management fees, carried interest and loan agreements
- Producing financial statements – typically IFRS or UK GAAP compliant
- Issuing drawdown and distribution notices
- Cash flow statements, cash flow forecasts and cash monitoring
- Responding to investor queries and reporting requirements
- Statutory information and reporting including FATCA, CRS, CIS, tax and Companies House filings
- Carrying out AML and Client Due Diligence checks on both our Fund Managers and for delegated services and their investors
- Compile, analyse and operate on the financial information underlying the fund, its transactions and the financial statements
- Dealing with year-end audit engagements for our clients including preparation of relevant files, managing timelines and resolving issues
- Liaising with and completing work with key third parties such as lawyers, other administrators, managing agents and investors
- Learn, own and champion best practice, adherence to company policies, standard operating procedures and key processes
- Monitoring compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and key legal terms of the Funds
- Day to day management and leadership of team deliverables and organisation
- Coaching, leadership and training for team Assistant Accountants
- Maintaining key team documents, client permanent files and records
In addition to the duties listed above, the individual may be requested to perform any other ad hoc duties as requested.
Technical Knowledge / Skills Required
- Be educated to degree level (2:1 and above desirable) or AAT qualified with all levels completed
- Have professional accounting work experience – typically a minimum of 2 years are desired
- A strong understanding of UK GAAP, IFRS and other relevant accounting standards
- The ability to face the reporting and other accounting challenges faced by private equity and real estate firms
- A clear ability to be able to write professional reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals and performance measurement reports at asset and fund level
- The individual must have excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills
- Have strong numerical skills
- Ability to perform tasks, calculations and communicate clearly in excel, word and other professional packages
- Be able to build lasting, professional and effective client and team relationship
About Langham Hall
Langham Hall provides premium quality accounting, fund administration and investor reporting services to Real Estate and Private Equity Fund clients.
Langham Hall invests in people and in developing them professionally. We are extremely proud of our leadership-focused culture which fosters a dedicated, approachable and collaborative way of working. We offer the opportunity to progress your career and study professional qualifications; through intensive training and where applicable, full exam tuition and study support.
Langham Hall is a fast-growing company and as such staff experience a variety of responsibilities and inclusion in exciting initiatives beyond their day-to-day role. Employees are supported and encouraged to deliver a first-class service and opportunities are identified at an early stage for employees to engage with our clients which enables them feel involved and challenged in their work.
We are proud of our positive working culture which is reinforced through our employees and our extremely low staff turnover and we seek out people that believe in our values.
For more information, and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button below.