We currently have opportunities for aspiring accountants to join our London office as an Assistant Accountant. You will be a key member of our team, developing your knowledge and experience servicing the needs of a diverse portfolio of clients.
At Langham Hall Assistant Accountants are the principal preparers within the company. You will be expected to take ownership of work, build relationships and ultimately drive the timely and high quality level of service clients expect. Your role will be to build an in depth understanding of your client and be able to prepare the array of different transactional, reporting and financial requirements of the fund and its holding companies. These include quarterly management accounts, investor reports, notices to investors and payments. A more detailed listing of the typical responsibilities is outlined below.
- Preparing complete management accounts with supporting documentation
- Preparing key calculations such as loan interest, management fees and deferred transactions
- Preparing and posting journals for all accounting transactions in to the SUN accounting software
- Preparing bank reconciliations
- Preparing bank payments and preparing the related checks and support
- Preparing quarterly investor reports
- Preparing draft financial statement documents
- Completing due diligence and permanent file processes
- Actively organising the timelines for key deliverables
- Preparing the VAT returns
- Preparing investor, notices and calculations for capital calls, partnership capital accounts and distributions
- Preparing responses to investor queries
- Drive client audit work and liaising with auditors
- Learn and process drawdown and distribution notices
- Carry out AML and Client Due Diligence checks
- Taking responsibility for internal documentation, processes and administration
- Preparation and support of various other financial or fund administration tasks
- Where applicable, leadership and training for newer members of staff and Trainee Accountants
In addition to the duties listed above, the individual may be requested to perform other ad hoc duties as requested and as experience is gained.
Technical Knowledge / Skills Required
- Interest in reporting and other accounting challenges faced by Fund Managers
- A desire to build and progress a career within the professional services industry
- Professional accounting work experience – typically around 1+ years is desired
- The ability to be able to account for simple accounting transactions
- Be able to build lasting, professional and effective client and team relationships
- Have the ability to communicate effectively, professionally and clearly in verbal and written communications
- Have the drive to take ownership and responsibility for the quality and activity of their output and the team’s
- Be able to effectively contribute to and learn from a close knit team
- Be adaptable and able to solve practical problems typical of dealing with client work
- Have the ability to perform tasks, calculations and communicate clearly in excel, word and other professional packages
- Be organised and able to work to tight and competing deadlines
- Have excellent numeracy skills
- Have a great attention to detail
- Be interested in or interested in continuing their ACCA/CIMA qualification
- Be educated to degree level (2:1 and above desirable) or be AAT level 3 qualified with significant accounts preparation experience
About Langham Hall
Langham Hall provides premium quality accounting, fund administration and investor reporting services to Real Estate and Private Equity Fund clients.
Langham Hall invests in people and in developing them professionally. We are extremely proud of our leadership-focused culture which fosters a dedicated, approachable and collaborative way of working. We offer the opportunity to progress your career and study professional qualifications; through intensive training and where applicable, full exam tuition and study support.
Langham Hall is a fast-growing company and as such staff experience a variety of responsibilities and inclusion in exciting initiatives beyond their day-to-day role. Employees are supported and encouraged to deliver a first-class service and opportunities are identified at an early stage for employees to engage with our clients which enables them feel involved and challenged in their work.
We are proud of our positive working culture which is reinforced through our employees and our extremely low staff turnover and we seek out people that believe in our values.
For more information, and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button below.