Our client provides a wide range of accountancy and tax services including annual accounts, tax returns, payroll, bookkeeping and tax planning to small businesses and individuals.
They are part of a large network of accountants who offer a wealth of experience and expertise to many small businesses right across the UK
Their practice based in Leeds is fast-growing and they are seeking an ambitious, enthusiastic, and hard-working accountant to join their busy team.
This role is suited for an individual with a strong background working in a practice environment who is passionate about:
- Communicating regularly and effectively with clients to build long term business relationships.
- Supporting a range of clients including sole traders, partnerships, and limited companies.
- Preparing management accounts for owner-managed businesses.
- Liaising with clients to resolve queries.
- Supporting the business owner in expanding the business.
This Senior role would include the following:
- Preparation of financial statements for sole traders, partnerships, and limited companies.
- Completion of personal tax and corporation tax returns.
- Communicate and liaise verbally and in writing between clients/visitors/enquiries and staff.
- Manage, organise and update relevant data using database applications.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public.
- Completion of client VAT returns.
- Completion of client payrolls.
- The ideal candidate would be looking to grow with the practice as there will be opportunities for progression.
- You will have experience in preparing financial statements for sole traders, partnerships, and limited companies.
- Experience of using QuickBooks Online and/or Xero along with Receipt Bank would also be an advantage.
- Experience of using TaxCalc or a similar product in completing personal tax and corporation tax returns would also be an advantage.
- You will have experience of completing client’s payroll, personal tax and corporation tax returns along with completing client VAT returns.
- An ability to develop good working relationships with both co-workers and clients.
- An ability to work without direction where necessary.
- High attention to detail and level of accuracy.
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong Excel skills and proficient IT skills including the ability of using Microsoft Word & Outlook.
- A highly ambitious, enthusiastic and hard-working individual wishing to progress and keen to make a difference in this practice.
- Very effective organisational skills with strong verbal/written communication.
What’s on offer
£35,000 - £45,000 per annum, negotiable.
If you’re looking for a Practice Senior role in Leeds but felt this position wasn’t the right fit, Charleston Recruitment is still able to assist you with your search.
Many accountants seeking new opportunities are unaware that although job titles can differ between practices, often the job specifications are similar. For example, if you see that we are advertising for a Semi Senior position in Leeds we may also be recruiting for a Senior Accountant in Leeds as well.
As a tip for your next search, we have seen an increase in the need for Tax Seniors in Leeds. If you possess this skillset, make sure you highlight it in your application. Our partner companies view it as a demonstration of strong technical knowledge.
Charleston Recruitment specialise in placing accountancy professionals in new positions. We can help you find the ideal Public Practice role that advances your career and keeps you on a trajectory towards meeting your professional goals.
If you have experience in Public Practice and would like to discover fresh career opportunities, please get in touch with us today.
Apply for Practice Senior
Sorry, we are unable to take any personal information from users based in Russia due to local data processing laws. However, please continue to search and apply for other jobs.
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly