To support efficient and effective accounting services in accordance with company policies and procedures. To support the Finance Business Partners in the delivery of business partnering initiatives across EMEA&CIS as and when required.
A globally recognised, fortune 500 trading and investment firm. The company has an excellent culture and support their employees which is exemplified by their exceptional benefits.
- Support the timely and accurate delivery of financial reports in accordance with IFRS and local statutory requirements;
- Prepare month end reconciliations including: bank reconciliations, fixed asset reconciliations, inventory reconciliations, intercompany and more;
- Manage accruals and prepayments;
- General ledger maintenance and monitoring in line with Sumitomo Corporation policies and J-Sox requirements;
- Understanding journal requests, preparing and processing with appropriate supporting documentation;
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions;
- Work closely with Transaction Processing team to problem solve and ensure effective collaboration between departments;
- Proactively support FX position reporting to Treasury team;
- Proactively manage intercompany/group reconciliations;
- Assist with internal/external audit;
- Collaborate with and support business departments and regional corporate departments as required;
- Engage with transaction processing team to resolve unusual or complicated transactions and their treatment.
- Part-qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA having sat and passed exams.
- Looking for candidates with c. 2-3 years+ initial experience in the above duties. Financial Services or professional services industry background preferable.
- Strong academic background preferable; 2:1 in a relevant degree, A-B's at A-Level. Also considered candidates with strong A-Levels that begun their professional experience from there.
- Understanding of basic accounting principles and bookkeeping. This will be tested at interview.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good team player
- Positive can-do attitude
- Ability to work with a high level of accuracy and meet tight deadlines;
- MS Office with Advanced Excel skills
- Experience with SAP is desired
Looking to pay between £30,000-£35,000 with a comprehensive benefits package.