Practice Semi Senior
Our client are based in the heart of Sheffield. They are a Chartered Accountancy practice specialising in accountancy, taxation and business advice to the SME owner managed sector.
Working with our team of accountants, the successful candidate will have exposure from start to finish of clients' year end accounts - bookkeeping, VAT Returns, statutory accounts and corporation tax.
On a day to day basis you will be responsible for:
- Maintain records of our clients using cloud accounting packages including QuickBooks Online
- Use cloud accounting tools to process transactions, prepare and post journals, update all ledgers, perform bank reconciliations ready for the monthly reporting process
- Apply a basic knowledge of rules and regulations followed by UK SME’s including tax requirements, company secretarial and a general commercial awareness
- Preparing management accounts and month end reconciliations
- Dealing with the preparation and completion of VAT returns
- Liaising with customers and Partners
- Drafting year end accounts for sole traders, Limited, LLP and Charities from start to finish under FRS 102, Section 1A and FRS 105, ready for client and management review
- Preparing corporation tax computation calculations and basic tax planning
- Apply and understand the client to ensure transactions are recorded appropriately, under the correct accounting standard and highlight unusual transactions to senior members of the team
Essential Skills and Experience:
- 2-3 years' experience within a UK practice
- ACA part qualified
- Ability to work on own initiative and manage workload
- Excellent IT skills including good use of Excel
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £24,000.00-£28,000.00 per year
If you’re looking for a Practice Semi Senior role in Sheffield but felt this position wasn’t the right fit, Charleston Recruitment is still able to assist you with your search.
Many accountants seeking new opportunities are unaware that although job titles can differ between practices, often the job specifications are similar. For example, if you see that we are advertising for a Semi Senior position in Sheffield we may also be recruiting for a Senior Accountant in Sheffield as well.
As a tip for your next search, we have seen an increase in the need for Tax Seniors in Sheffield. If you possess this skillset, make sure you highlight it in your application. Our partner companies view it as a demonstration of strong technical knowledge.
Charleston Recruitment specialise in placing accountancy professionals in new positions. We can help you find the ideal Public Practice role that advances your career and keeps you on a trajectory towards meeting your professional goals.
If you have experience in Public Practice and would like to discover fresh career opportunities, please get in touch with us today.
Apply for Practice Semi Senior
Sorry, we are unable to take any personal information from users based in Russia due to local data processing laws. However, please continue to search and apply for other jobs.
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly