Supervisor - Corporate Accounting
What are the ongoing responsibilities of a Supervisor – Corporate Accounting?
The Corporate Accounting Supervisor should take a lead role in undertaking the recurring responsibilities of the department regarding financial control, entity accounting, statutory accounting and financial reporting requirements of the Group, regulators and auditors.
Reporting to the Corporate Accounting Manager this role should provide day to day supervision of accounting team (five team members) and ensure deadlines are met and provide a proactive, value added assistance to the Corporate Accounting Management team and the business operations in Europe.
What ideal qualifications, skills & experience would help someone to be successful?
- Master’s degree in Finance/Accounting
- 4-7 years of financial accounting or audit experience
- Financial services experience is an advantage
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Supervisory experience
- Experience with automated financial systems, including a general ledger
- Knowledge of IFRS or Local GAAP or US GAAP and industry standards
- Knowledge and exposure to international accounting issues, currency translations and consolidations
- Ability to take ownership of, and responsibility for work
- Customer focus
- Pro-active and flexible in organizing work responsibilities
- Ability to identify and resolve technical problems
- Ability to work with deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Strong Excel skills and systems orientation
- Project management skills.