Finance Senior Manager
The EY Ireland finance function has a requirement for a Planning, budgeting and Financial Analysis (PBFA) manager who can deliver robust financial analysis and performance reviews, as well continued improvement to process & controls and in doing so can deliver incremental benefits to the business through overhead controls, financial efficiencies and improved service. The PBFA manager is effectively responsible for enhancing the planning & analysis activities of the firm, and the role will report directly to the Head of Finance.
This is an exciting and challenging position with the opportunity to join a successful team in a growing business. The role is based in Dublin and you will be part of a strong team across Ireland with additional back office support in Poland and India. Some regional and international travel may be required.
This role is a permanent full-time position.
- Managing the PBFA function within the finance team.
- Participation in the management of and contribution to the overall profitability and long-term development of the firm with responsibility for all aspects of financial planning, reporting and analysis.
- Delivering weekly and monthly performance reviews for the business, adding insights, financial analysis and commentary. Maintain a robust month-end reporting process and ensure commentaries are timely, insightful and action oriented.
- Ad hoc query resolution as required.
- Developing, extracting, manipulating, analysing and interpreting data to identify, measure and report performance.
- Develop a strong understanding of country overheads, identify cost saving opportunities and ensure such opportunities are exploited in order to drive down costs.
- Primary point of contact for all functional teams (marketing, HR, legal etc) in respect of all matters relating to indirect costs with initial control responsibility.
- Primary point of contact with the UK, ensuring that ROI is fully integrated and aligned with UK as part of the sub-area structure. This will involve relationship building and regular contact with the UK and EMEIA finance teams.
- Co-ordinate budgeting, forecasting and planning processes.
- Drive continuous improvement as regards process, controls and efficiency ensuring the output from the finance function is of the quality expected of a Big 4 firm.
- Assist in the development of enhanced system capability to deliver financial reporting, budgeting and other financial modelling as required by the business.
- Ensure proper systems of control and reporting are in place.
- Developing and implementing new policies, systems and procedures.
- Ensure finance is a valued function and contributes to, and collaborates with, other Core Business Service functions in order to provide exceptional client service to the business.
Responsibilities, Qualifications & Experience
- Ability to deal confidently across all levels of staff, including leading, managing and developing a high performing team
- Experience dealing with key stakeholders with the ability to challenge stakeholders and performance, and participate in discussions to senior management level
Communication and Influencing
- Professional and confident with strong interpersonal and communication skills, and able to deal effectively with all levels of staff through meetings and presentations
- Customer focused, responsive and with an ability to build strong relationships primarily with internal stakeholders
- An analytical mind-set, with the ability to summarise and explain financial and accounting issues to non-accountants
- Ability to communicate complex information in a succinct and clear manner
- Ability to work as part of a team in a dynamic, fast-paced and transforming environment
- Ability to learn quickly, analyse problems and assist with the development and implementation of solutions
- Ready to learn, consult and contribute new ideas
- Commitment and ability to work under pressure at peak times and to meet deadlines
- Proactive, organised and self-sufficient with the ability to prioritise conflicting demands and multitask to meet exacting deadlines
- Team oriented approach, with flexibility regarding tasks undertaken
Qualifications and Experience
- Qualified accountant, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent, ideally in a professional services firm.
- Strong PBFA / Business partnering experience.
- You will have experience of core financial planning and analysis and detailed analysis/reporting as well as a track record of working closely with senior level stakeholders to influence business decisions.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.