Middle Office Supervisor
OverviewActing as the functional heart of our business, Operations makes everything work on time and on target, in a world that demands lightning-fast transaction speeds, pinpoints execution accuracy and full visibility. It ensures global transactions flow smoothly around the clock, wherever we do business. Without it, the daily clearance, settlement and execution of a trillion dollars’ worth of trades and the weekly movement of tens of billions of dollars in dozens of world currencies would come to a complete standstill.
- Coordination of Middle Office team processes supporting investment funds' activity in the capital markets. Team's service includes confirmation and settlement of institutional clients' instructions, investigation and resolution of any inconsistencies across multiple platforms; Supporting clients' inquiries and providing transaction reporting and auxillary activities;
- Supporting managersin team management towards high quality, client satisfaction, and constant process improvement;
- Close co-operation with various stakeholders, including other market participants like brokers or custodian banks;
- Pro-active risk management and responsibility for adequate procedures and effective controls as well as satisfying audit and regulatory requirements;
- People supervision: co-ordinating trainings, providing BAU feedback to the team manager and supporting managerial activity in terms of the feedback and coaching to the staff;
- Supporting the employees in resolving the operational issues and ensuring continuity of business;
- Taking part in the cross-team projects; Coordinating projects on the team level;
- Supporting the implementation of the new business as well as changes to the existing business in the serviced area;
- Supporting other teams in the business chain.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in institutions linked to capital markets or banking operations;
- Knowledge in construction and functioning of different financial instruments;
- SWIFT knowledge required;
- Basic knowledge of accounting;
- Experience in leading projects and managing teams is a plus;
- Customer Service Focus - must be able to work with our customers to ensure that we have provided a high and consistent standard of service;
- Higher education – economic profile or similar;
- Very good organizational and analytical skills;
- Fluent English;
- Certificate in banking or finance (e.g. ACCA) would be an advantage.
What we offer:
- Work in a challenging area of the financial industry with one of the world's leading companies with exposure to variety of products, processes and controls;
- Cooperation with a high quality, international, multicultural and global team;
- Work in a friendly and diversified environment, appreciating differences in style and perspective and using them to add value to decisions leading to organizational success;
- Management supporting balanced and agile work (flexible working hours, home office);
- Attractive benefits package (Benefit System, medical care, pension plan etc.);
- A chance to make a difference with various affinity networks and charity initiatives.
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.