Interest Rates Hedge Fund Sales Analyst
Interest Rates Hedge Fund Sales Analyst
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Fixed Income Division is comprised of Interest Rate and Currency Products, Credit Products and Distribution. Professionals in the Division assess and actively manages risk, trade securities, and structure as well as execute innovative transactions in the fast-paced and constantly changing global markets. The Commodities Division is a market leader across a broad range of commodities markets, with expertise in areas including client risk management, financing solutions and investor products Sales & Trading
From the largest global institutions to innovative new hedge funds, investors come to Morgan Stanley for sales, trading, and market-making services in almost every type of financial instruments including stocks, bonds, derivatives, foreign exchange, and commodities. Our professionals provide liquidity and content to clients around the world, actively assessing and managing risk, trading securities, and planning and executing transactions in the fast-changing markets. As the needs of our clients become increasingly complex, we often develop customized solutions.
The Interest Rates Hedge Fund Sales team advises structures and executes trades on behalf of both macro, relative value and systematic hedge fund clients. On a daily basis, an IR sales person will interact with both external clients and internal stakeholders at MS (e.g. other sales teams, trading and research), giving them broad exposure across the firm. Our clients are often based in Europe or the UK; however, we also cover clients located in the US, as well as, Asia. In this role, strong relationships with both your clients and colleagues are essential. As a salesperson, you obtain valuable information about client / desk flows and market positioning. It is your job to synthesize your own market views, as well as, those of the traders and strategists in order to develop and pitch value-add trade ideas to clients while also promoting and delivering the MS franchise.
- You are the first point of contact and the face of the firm for your clients, fielding inquiries, answering questions about rates products and the market, as well as, coordinating resources for the benefit of your clients (e.g. summarising trading or research pieces in a client friendly format)
- Making yourself indispensable to the desk and clients, being on top of positioning/trade idea/market views while making sure these are being clearly communicated
- As you develop content knowledge and gain confidence, more responsibility and clients will be given to you. You will learn to execute trades, answer client queries and to efficiently own and manage relationships
- We work closely with the flow and structured rates trading desks for pricing and trade execution purposes. Additionally, we interact with strategy, research, legal, operations, client on boarding and technology.
- Effective communication
- Developing innovative ideas
- Working well under pressure
- Understanding the market
- Managing client/internal relationships
- Technical and broad product knowledge
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.