Compliance Consultant, Testing and Surveillance
Northern Trust Asset Management – Business Overview
Northern Trust is one of the world’s largest asset management firms with more than $1 trillion in assets under management across a range of investment strategies. Thoughtful investors worldwide are making Northern Trust their asset manager of choice because they develop the answers clients need for today’s challenging world. They have a level of client dedication and collaboration clients can’t find anywhere else, and are anchored by renowned integrity and stability. Their investment process combines exhaustive research and vigilant risk management to provide a solid foundation for investing, and they also have an integrated technology platform and processing infrastructure that work around the clock and around the globe.
Northern Trust is looking for a Testing and Surveillance Compliance Officer to be a part of our growing Asset Management Compliance practice. This indiviudal will be responsible for the following:
- Assist in the development and administration of the testing and surveillances program of Northern Trust Asset Management focusing on trade surveillance.
- Partner with business, operations, and legal partners to administer the testing and surveillances program.
- Conduct investigations into potential policy exceptions and document findings.
- Prepare deliverables for reporting to senior management and governance committees.
- Work closely with the CCOs of NTAM to develop and refine testing and monitoring frameworks and procedures as needed.
- Liaise with management and different departments regarding special projects and regulatory initiatives; provide guidance and analysis of rules and/or firm policies, as appropriate.
- Coordinate or assist in regulatory examinations and/or audits and prepare information and responses to various requests.
- Manage ad hoc projects, as needed.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of investment related experience with testing and surveillances for a registered investment adviser
- Strong familiarity with the Investment Advisers Act of 1940. Experience with the Investment Company Act of 1940 a plus
- Ability to develop compliance solutions that satisfy relevant regulations while executing sound business judgment.
- Experience with BlackRock Aladdin and Bloomberg BTCA also a plus
- Strong analytical and communication skills
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.