Audit Quality Senior Manager - UK FSO - Permanent
Our Audit Quality Support team (AQST) plays a vital role in supporting our Audit Quality Programme. As an AQST Senior Manager you will contribute to a growing team supporting our most complex and challenging audits through real-time coaching and reviews to promote consistent high-quality audits.
Your key responsibilities
- Work with the financial services audit quality leader, quality leadership partners from each industry, and UKI AQST team to run the FS AQST programme, including:
- Performing annual risk assessment of FS PIE audit engagements in order to determine those in scope for AQST or other review support programmes
- Allocating appropriate reviewers to selected engagements
- Providing instructions, training, and coaching to UK Senior managers nominated to perform AQST reviews
- Reporting status and results of reviews to the UK Audit Quality Board and Business Unit Leaders
- Escalating thematic issues to audit quality leadership
- Ensuring that inspection findings are disseminated to teams in a timely manner through our coaching programmes
- Provide direct coaching and review support to the highest-profile engagements selected for AQST review within your industry expertise
- Perform risk-based scoping through engagement with the audit team
- Challenge the effectiveness and articulation of the audit strategy
- Review the execution of the audit work and identify areas for improvement
- Source, supervise, train, and deploy a dedicated team of offshore audit quality managers trained to support UK audit quality objectives.
- Supervise the FS UK team administrating EY’s Global Key Findings Review programme
- Assist with deployment of other UK quality initiatives including, among others, standardisation and digital implementation.
Skills and attributes for success
- For administering the AQST programme:
- Proactive communicator, quick to engage with audit quality leadership
- Innovative mindset, focussed on ways to improve delivery of AQST reviews and provide the most value to audit teams
- Ability to lead and influence peers and lead teams remotely
- Strict and organised project manager
- For administering reviews
- Exemplary technical skills regarding auditing standards and their practical application, including experience in audit reporting matters
- Flexible working style to adapt to the different teams you will be working with
- Courage to challenge the audit strategy applied by audit teams
- Attention to detail in review of the execution of audit work and identification of areas for improvement
- Proactive communication and deadline management, both with the audit team and audit quality leadership
To qualify for the role you must have
- ACA/ CA/ ACCA (ICAEW, ICAS, Irish Institute or equivalent international qualification
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Strong project management and technical (auditing) skills
- Significant experience with large public & complex audits
What we look for
- Strong focus on and passion for audit quality and coaching/reviewing teams
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity & inclusiveness. We ask because it matters!
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.