Audit Manager - Global Offerings - London
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
The work of our Audit teams is essential, not just to BDO, but to the whole economy. Working within a number of sectors, they verify the accuracy of our clients’ financial statements for stakeholders, including shareholders, governments, tax authorities, banks and customers, ensuring the stability and authenticity of the financial market. That’s why we're so committed to helping our clients, and our people to succeed. As part of our Audit team, you'll receive the support you need to reach your potential. From completing professional qualifications to developing new skills and exploring different learning opportunities, you’ll join a friendly and diverse team whose work really matters. Use your skills to build a career in Audit at BDO.
The US Markets Audit Manager works as part of a U.S. Capital Markets team on transactions or takes responsibility for running or being part of U.S. audit teams, working directly with the client under senior manager or director supervision. The Audit Manager manages a high quality deliverable on Capital Markets transactions or ensures project management of the audit process to ensure our audits are of high quality. This role is based in London and will require some International travel.
We’ll help you succeed
You’ll be joining as an essential member within a team that is vital to the firm. Primarily, you’ll be responsible for dealing with all matters relating to the management of a portfolio of clients. You will also provide assistance to Partners in both client work and in the management of the group and, on occasions, the wider firm. You’ll also:
- Participates as an individual contributor & a team member w/ senior Capital Markets practitioners & other external professionals (eg, bankers, lawyers, auditors, advisors) on complex accounting & financial reporting matters related to deals & other transformational events on a daily basis.
- Advising multi-national, publicly-traded companies & private equity firms on a broad range of technical accounting, financial reporting, & capital markets topics including:
- IPOs, debt offerings, private placements,
- carve-outs and/or spin-offs;
- acquisitions, alliances/joint ventures, post deal accounting;
- restructurings, restatements,
- GAAP conversions, change in accounting standards, complex accounting issues.
- Demonstrates a strong interest in deals, capital markets, complex accounting & other transactions-based activities & should expect to operate in a high pressure, fast-paced work environment.
- Assists in the planning, execution and finalisation of all areas of the audit assignment for manager or partner review, seeking input for areas of concern and judgement.
- Predominant amount of time will be spent off-site at clients’ premises.
- Identifies risk matters and raises with a manager and/or partner, while exercising judgement within agreed parameters.
- Produce work for the Manager and/or Partner review clearly highlighting issues and providing potential solutions to issues identified.
- Identify and understand client needs, suggest potential solutions on technical matters and communicate and agree client needs and potential solutions with managers.
- Active engagement with senior client staff in order to gain a good understanding of their business and ensure the efficient execution of the audit
- Supervise, coach and develop junior members of staff within teams, on client premises and in the office.
- Ensure compliance with internal (BDO USA audit methodology) and external (PCAOB standards) requirements
- Participate in group, stream and firm wide activities with new and established clients.
- Adherence to budget and timetable, bringing matters to the attention of the senior or manager, particularly when actual time is in excess of budget.
- Involvement in the planning, execution and finalisation of the audit assignment supporting the Senior or Manager
- Assist within the wider team by obtaining audit evidence necessary to support opinions given.
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/ICAS or overseas equivalent.
- Working knowledge of UK and International GAAS, IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements.
- Working knowledge of financial products, firm services, issues regarding advice, and regulation and compliance, including anti-money laundering.
- Demonstrable knowledge of current economic and market trends.
- Experience supervising and coaching junior members on client premises and in the office.
- Experience managing projects.
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review renumeration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 28 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- access childcare vouchers;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 5,500 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.