Responsible for managing a Compliance group or multiple functions. Accountable for the performance management process; identifies training and development needs; and establishes performance standards for the group or functions.
- Manages a Compliance group or multiple functions. Conducts the performance management process, identifies training and development needs, and establishes performance standards for the group.
- Determines staffing needs and ensures resources are available to accomplish priorities.
- Develops a risk based strategic compliance plan and sets goals and priorities based on the regulatory environment and the risk appetite set for the group.
- Provides leadership and guidance to staff, fostering an environment that encourages employee participation, teamwork, and communication.
- Responsible for regulatory oversight, at the Corporate level of Compliance policy development and/or evaluation of regulatory policies and procedures.
- Point of contact for regulatory examinations and internal and external audits of Compliance-related topics.
- May serve as member of the Corporate Compliance Council. Functions of the Council will include review of Compliance strategies and policies for submission to the Corporate Compliance Oversight Committee
- Advises business partners, including senior management, on compliance with applicable laws, rules and standards, including keeping them informed on developments with business procedures and processes.
- Oversees the development and maintenance of Compliance programs.
- Partners with senior management to identify and provide training related to multiple areas of Compliance and programs, including which partners who should take certain training.
- Establishes written guidance on compliance with and implementation of applicable laws, rules and standards. This includes policies and procedures and other documents, such as Compliance manuals, internal codes of conduct and practice guidelines.
- Maintain knowledge on various regulatory matters including but not limited to preparing impact analysis related to risk environment and/or recent regulatory actions.
- Identifies, documents and, as necessary, escalates Compliance risks associated with the Company’s activities.
- Oversees the development of Compliance risk metrics to enhance Compliance risk assessments and assess the appropriateness of the Company's Compliance procedures and guidelines.
- Implement and establish ongoing monitoring plans to ensure compliance risks are appropriately mitigated.
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.