Consultant, Transfer Agency (Client Service)
Operates under general supervision (but works independently most of the time), the Consultant on the Call Center team supports the Team Leader and acts as the subject matter expert for day to day queries, is the first point of contact for escalations, and provides day-today support of junior team members. The Consultant may manage daily operational activities and supervise day to day work of junior level employees, but it is not a formal management role.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Strong knowledge of the core aspects and business functions of a Transfer Agency.
- Develop a very strong knowledge of the various business applications critical to investor and account servicing, including on-line tools.
- Provide day-to-day support of junior team members and supports the Team Leader with respect to ensuring operational efficiency and effective use of staff resources.
- Review work-flow queues throughout the day, and ensure that tasks are addressed promptly, and assist with outstanding issues that require expertise, and makes sure they are followed through to resolution.
- First point of contact for escalated calls from investors and partners.
- Perform phone audits to ensure phone recordings are in line with departmental standards.
- Edit and proofread correspondence for investors and partners, with focus on content, clarity, and grammar.
- Assist in the documentation of departmental workflows and procedures.
- Assist with team and departmental training.
- Strive to identify service efficiency and delivery enhancements, as well as process improvements, and participating in team and business unit initiatives related to process, technology and system enhancements when directed by management.
- Maintain updated knowledge of Northern Trust and Third-Party fund products and services, regulatory, and compliance requirements.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- A College or University degree and/or relevant work experience
- Series 6/7 and 63 is preferred, but not required
- Very good oral and written communication skills are required
- Strong securities industry knowledge is required
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills are required to manage conflicting priorities and multitask functions in a fast-paced environment
- Call Center experience is preferred, but not required
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.