About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
The Auditor, Information Technology (IT) is responsible for conducting and documenting routine audit examinations throughout Northern Trust Corporation. The role is a direct report to the Audit Team Lead, IT or Audit Manager, IT, and is responsible for completing the audit in accordance with stated budget, timeframes, and Department Policies and Standards. The Auditor provides input to improve operational efficiency and/or to enhance the design or operating effectiveness of the internal control environment. The role also provides technical and auditing expertise, training, and coaching, to auditors during the audit engagement.
- Functions in various roles on audit engagements, including leading audits, staffing audits and providing consulting or oversight functions based on the needs of the team
- Responsible for staying current on regulatory rules and technological changes within the industry
- Manages and performs special projects as needed
- Participates in meetings with business unit to discuss audit results
- Communicates with partners at all levels, developing and presenting recommendations on operations and controls for the business unit
- Utilizes understanding of various Corporate units to ensure operations, services, and systems have proper audit controls in place (i.e., design of the control environment)
- Evaluates corporate management, business processes, business controls and operating practices during audits and consulting/monitoring engagements
- Applies analytical skills to review information and determine potential control weaknesses
- Develops a thorough understanding of the Northern Trust Audit Methodology and adheres to all applicable Department Standards
- Completes and compiles a high quality summary of findings and recommendations for review in a concise and professional manner
- Works closely with unit managers to devise specific technology related audit tests
- Testing knowledge and understanding ITGC Control testing and specific application controls from the SOC1/SOX perspective
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
- Professional certifications (e.g., CISA, CISSP, CIA) along with demonstrated technical abilities in select areas (e.g., accounting, regulatory compliance, etc.) are preferred
- Knowledge of audit procedures and technical security and control standards usually obtained through related work experience and a four year degree program is required to perform system audits
- Knowledge of auditing in the financial services industry and basic accounting principles and related work experience
- Analytical and organizational skills are necessary to conduct audits
- Strong report writing and workpaper documentation skills
- Knowledge of systems software applications and databases common to the mainframe and distributed environments, such as UNIX, AS400, and Windows is required
- Minimum of 3-6 years of auditing and systems experience
- A College or University degree is preferred and/or entry level auditing experience in a financial institution.
- Specialized technical audit or related experience is preferred
- Solid understanding and knowledge of industry control standards, such as COSO, COBIT, and ITIL
- Experience with auditing procedures and technical security concepts.
- Self-starter with an ability to self-motivate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly numerate with strong organizational and problem solving skills with attention to detail
- Ability to proactively assess issues, identify solutions and problem solve
- Ability to react and respond on a timely basis
- Ability to adapt and react positively in a changing and dynamic work environment
- Ability to work under pressure and to deliver to tight deadlines
- Ability to develop relationships with diverse groups and various levels of technology and non-technology personnel
- Flexibility, multi-tasking, creative thinking, good business judgment skills are required to meet strict deadlines and manage other projects
- Proficiency in Word and Excel a plus
- Must be a team player and able to work under pressure during peak periods
Please note that this role may require the successful candidate to travel to other NT locations as required.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.