Assoc Acctnt, Fin Reporting
Evaluates and reconciles funds including mutual, commingled, and collective for production of client month-end reports or for daily valuation. Verifies transactions, audits income reports within scheduled timeframes and resolves exceptions on a daily basis for fund accounts. Responsible for following established guidelines and identifying and resolving problems. Expected to use some initiative but refer more complex problems to supervisors/ experts. Beginning to develop a basic understanding of the business function. Likely to be accountable for regular reporting or process administration. May direct day-to-day work of junior level employees (but not a formal management role). Likely to be of graduate caliber, studying for relevant professional qualification or accreditation.
- Responsible for following established guidelines and identifying and resolving problems.
- Verifies daily transactions, audits income reports, and resolves exception on assigned accounts according to procedures and within scheduled timeframes.
- Records and responds to partner and client inquiries, providing guidance and resolving exceptions.
- Enter fund details and strike Net Asset Value (NAV) & Issue NAVs accurately and within defined timeframes.
- Organize payment of operating expenses.
- Perform tasks under supervision of defined processes or procedures and check for errors. Ensure procedures in relation to above tasks are adhered to.
- Collect, enter and extract data and undertake analysis as directed. Assist in the preparation of client reports e.g. taxation, equalization, performance fees, funds under custody/admin. Resolve queries.
- Liaise with other units - Shareholder Services, Trustee, Corporate Actions, Control, Financial Reporting and Fund Managers.
- Expected to use some initiative but refer more complex problems to supervisors/ experts.
- May direct day-to-day work of junior level employees (but not a formal management role).
- Works effectively as a team member but also independently
- Knowledgeable of the core aspects of the job
- Working towards becoming proficient in all areas of the job
- Running and creating formal reports.
A College or University degree and/or relevant proven work experience is preferred. Related Industry qualification is required / preferred Excellent oral and written communication skills are required In-depth Functional / Industry Knowledge is required Highly flexible and adaptable to change Technical skills / systems knowledge is required
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.