- To work with the Finance Manager to complete all daily, weekly, monthly, and annual tasks in a professional, consistent, efficient, timely, and accurate manner.
Client is a leading global multi brand organization that serves as a total solutions provider for industrial, institutional and healthcare users. The century old company generates sales of tens of billion selling products in almost every country.
Financial Accounting responsibilities:
- In consultation with Finance Manager, direct the general accounting functions and the preparation of reports and statistics reflecting earnings, profits, cash balances and other financial results.
- Learn and understand the company's Sales Data Warehouse application known as Phocas, ensuring periodical integrity checks.
- Identify improvement opportunities for efficiency, cost savings, and profit maximisation.
- Assist with the preparation of the company's annual audited financial statements for the whole region and ensuring they are prepared on a timely basis.
- Assist with the preparation of the company's annual tax returns for the whole region and ensuring they are prepared on a timely basis.
- Prepare the analysis and interpretation of statistical and accounting information to optimise management decision making.
- Assist in formulating and administering approved general accounting practices throughout the region to ensure accounting, financial and operating reports accurately reflect the conditions of the business.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual sales reports and schedules to meet both local and head office requirements.
- Maintain bank reconciliations for all bank accounts daily.
- Responsible for monthly closing process, printing, scanning, and saving month end reports.
- Be proficient in preparing month end accruals for the region.
- Be proficient in processing standard and other journal entries.
- Assist in completing of the monthly group reporting package (MR Pack) accurately and on time, aiming for all packs completed by COB on the 1st Friday following month end.
- Assist in completing of the Annual Audit reporting packages (AR Packs) accurately and on time.
- Assist with the maintenance of the general ledgers.
Management Accounting responsibilities:
- Prepare periodic (weekly / monthly / quarterly / yearly) inventory related management reports using various resources and tools as required.
- Assist with and co-ordinate the weekly, half yearly and yearly stock take process.
- Assist with day to day operation activities including stock adjustment, production work order analysis.
- Look after new product creation including monitor and update the master data.
- Always maintain and review the costing system to ensure accuracy, including Bill of Material and routing related to MFG products.
- Ensure work order process and product cost are accurate in costing system.
- Review and prepare obsolete/slow moving stock provision monthly.
- Assist inquiry from operation regarding to product cost, manufacturing, and warehouse related expenses.
- Maintain and update inter company pricing
- Assist in operation budget/forecast process.
- Prepare timely sales reporting that is required by both local management and head office.
- Analyse and report on various expenses each month and compare to budgets and prior Year.
- Assist in completing specific P&L and balance sheet account Reconciliation for the region monthly.
- Tertiary / Degree qualifications in accounting essential.
- Must have completed CPA / CA.
- Good working knowledge of fully integrated Accounting / ERP systems such as SAP, Sage, Oracle, JDE
- 3 to 5 years' experience in a senior finance role, that of Finance Manager or higher.
- Strong costing experience
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent "Attention to Detail" to avoid mistakes and errors
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Able to grasp new concepts quickly
- Sound analytical ability
- Ability to clearly document procedures and processes and convey this information to new employees
- Excellent computer literacy (Word, Excel, Power point, ERP Systems, Data Warehouses)
Rare to come by fantastic hybrid role
Opportunity to work in a diverse and high performing finance team
South west Sydney location; Parking on site available
Competitive salary for the right candidate
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Tasneem Nawab on 02 8292 2071.