APAC PEP Compliance Officer #170218
Your field of responsibility
Your responsibilities include:
- Review PEP classification and approval requests submitted by Front Office
- Record and manage PEP-relevant key information in a centralized PEP repository
- Review and, where necessary, challenge the PEP risk assessment submitted by Front Office to ensure consistent management of PEPs across divisions, markets and legal entities
- Advise Front Office and Control Functions on PEP risks throughout client lifecycle
- Work with Global PEP Desk and FCC colleagues and update local compliance procedures and manuals to ensure PEP controls are executed to align with policy and/or APAC regulatory requirements
- Work with Global PEP Desk and Compliance Operations colleagues to ensure control alignments across business-lines and locations
- Identify, coordinate, undertake or lead projects as needed to improve process and update compliance procedures
- Align and coordinate with CCO colleagues and other control groups; for example Internal Audit and CRO
- Any other tasks assigned by the Manager or Department Head
You will be joining the PEP Desk which is part of the APAC Compliance Operations division. We are a team that is at the forefront of the organization’s vision to achieve growth sustainably through risk mitigation initiatives. We are committed to identifying and mitigating AML/KYC risks for the function and APAC division. You can expect to be joining a team that is professional, dynamic and inclusive.
The department values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values.Your skills and experience
To excel in this role, you should possess:
- At least 5 to 6 years of relevant AML/KYC compliance experience within Wealth Management / Private Banking.
- Proficient in Chinese/ Mandarin to interact with RMs in Greater China Markets
- Proven experience in FCC risk assessments and understanding of enhanced due diligence requirements with respect to PEPs
- At least 5 year of proven AML track record with Investment or Private Banks
- Bachelor of Law / Accounting / Business / Economics / Finance and related academic qualification is essential
- Working knowledge and proven experience in AML/CFT regulations and requirements in Asia-Pacific countries, notably Singapore, Hong Kong and international AML standards (FATF, Wolfsberg)
- Detail oriented, with research capability to examine individuals’ public appointments and roles, as well as potential political, reputational, and PEP risks.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications, interpersonal skills to present fact findings and recommendations
- Solution-driven mentality, and a problem solver with the ability to think out of the box
- Pro-active and self-starter with can-do spirit
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work
Your new employer
Find a new home for your skills, ideas, and ambitions. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to progress your career, attractive benefits and excellent training.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for motivated individuals to help us shape the future for our clients.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.