Corporate Tax Manager
Corporate Tax Manager
Do you want to join a progressive firm bursting with talented staff you could learn and develop from? If so, we could have the perfect role for you. Shaw Gibbs is a growing and fast-paced Top 100 independent accountancy, financial planning and insolvency practice operating across the Thames Valley, the Chilterns and London, as well as internationally as part of the DFK global association. We have a strong focus on innovation and industry best-practice, with our clients ranging from private clients to ambitious and high-growth owner-managed businesses and international subsidiaries.
Shaw Gibbs takes pride in being an employer of choice, we put our people first and our staff enjoy long term careers with us. Our practice is known for having a friendly and supportive team culture where everyone receives training and development focused not just on technical knowledge but also on commercial and soft skills. Our culture is based on collaboration, respect, innovation and expertise.
We have ambitious growth plans and we are currently looking for a Corporate Tax Manager. Your role will be varied, challenging and hugely rewarding.
This is a full-time permanent position with the option to work part of the week from home once established in the role and can be based in either our London office or Oxford office.
Due to the ongoing covid pandemic, the vast majority of our people are working from home. Fortunately, our people were all set up with remote access before covid started and so we had a very smooth transition to blended working.
This role would suit someone with strong UK practice corporate tax experience. Full training and support will be given to further develop your skills and abilities for a long-term career within our practice.
This role will involve a mixture of compliance and advisory work.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Helping clients with a range of tax activities including restructures, management buyouts, demergers and succession planning
- Innovative tax planning for corporations, stand alone and group companies
- Bespoke advisory work
- Liaising and collaborating with the compliance team and other divisions to identify potential tax planning projects and other areas where advice on corporate tax issues may be required
- Leading potential new client meetings bringing them on board
- Contributing to winning new work by proactively managing existing clients and assisting with business development activities
- Inputting to service and product pricing, including assisting with new client quotes
- Promoting the interests of the firm to clients, prospective clients and other third parties
- Ensuring assignments are completed to a high standard, on time and within budgets
- Working in accordance with defined systems and procedures as well as challenging the status quo where there may be a more efficient or better way of doing things.
- Exposure to a wide range of clients across many industry sectors
- Competitive salary and benefits package including pension, life assurance and a retail discount scheme
- Flexible working
- Generous holiday allowance + ability to buy/sell holiday to fit your lifestyle
- Participation in our 2021 Management Development Programme as soon as you start. This 6 month bespoke programme consists of a blend of training modules designed to unlock your management and leadership potential.
- A wellbeing programme with regular events and activities focused on your physical and mental wellbeing
- Comprehensive induction and buddy to help you get up to speed in your first few months
- Regular company and team social events throughout the year
- A light and airy, recently refurbished spacious modern office
- Charity fundraising events
We would like to hear from you if you have the below:
- A minimum of 4-5 years UK practice tax experience
- CTA qualified or finalist
- Strong client relationship and project management skills
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong IT skills
- A positive, confident and proactive attitude
- Ability to prioritise and meet tight timeframes with high quality output
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Demonstrate good judgement of risk and be commercially minded
- Experience and willingness to network and develop new business leads
Please do not apply if you cannot tick all of the above criteria.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you think you are suitable for the role to email@example.com For more information on what it is like working at Shaw Gibbs, visit our career page:
Apply for Corporate Tax Manager
Sorry, we are unable to take any personal information from users based in Russia due to local data processing laws. However, please continue to search and apply for other jobs.
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly