Accounts Manager – Oxford Office
Accounts Manager – Oxford Office
Excellent opportunity for an experienced ACCA/ACA Qualified individual with a UK practice background looking for interesting client work in a growing Top 100 firm.
Do you want to join a progressive firm bursting with talented staff you could learn and develop from? If so, we could have the perfect role for you. Shaw Gibbs is a Top 100 independent accountancy, financial services and insolvency practice with offices in Oxford and London Marylebone. We have a strong focus on innovation and technology to help our clients make informed decisions on how to grow their business. Our clients range from private clients to owner-managed businesses and large international subsidiaries. We also have specialist teams for international businesses and property based clients.
Shaw Gibbs takes pride in being an employer of choice, we put our people first and our staff enjoy long term careers with us. Our practice is known for having a friendly and supportive team culture where everyone receives training and development focused not just on technical knowledge but also on commercial and soft skills. Our culture is based on collaboration, respect, innovation and expertise.
We have ambitious growth plans and we are currently looking for an Accounts Manager to join our growing Oxford team. Your role will be varied, challenging and hugely rewarding.
This is a full-time permanent position with the option to work part of the week from home once established in the role. Ideally, you will be based in our Oxford office with occasional travel to our London office. We are also open to someone wishing to split their week between our Oxford and London offices.
Due to the ongoing covid pandemic, the vast majority of our people are working from home. Fortunately, our people were all set up with remote access before covid started and so we had a very smooth transition to blended working.
Reporting to a Partner, your core responsibilities will include:
- Build long lasting client relationships - develop and apply your technical and commercial knowledge to provide expert advice and exceed client expectations
- Support a number of Directors by managing a diverse portfolio of clients and often being their primary point of contact. Your portfolio will consist of both new and more established clients and you will be encouraged to develop further revenue streams within it as well as helping to bring in new clients to the firm.
- Responding to ad hoc client queries.
- Ensure assignments are completed to a high standard, on time and within budgets agreed with Directors
- Work collaboratively with other Managers and the Directors to ensure quality of output and efficiency in process across the wider accounts team
- Prepare and review working papers and statutory accounts for a wide range of business entities across many sectors
- Prepare and review corporation tax computations and returns
- Line manage more junior staff, overseeing their work and assisting them with their career development
- Assist with billing
- Manage own workload in a timely and efficient manner
- Support the practice in continuously improving our way of working including current systems and adopting new technology
- Networking in the business community, promoting the name of Shaw Gibbs
What we can offer you
- Exposure to a wide range of clients across many industry sectors
- Partner level Mentor and a Line Manager who will work closely with you to support you through your development and provide day to day guidance
- Competitive salary and benefits package including pension, life assurance, retail discount scheme and flexible working
- Generous holiday allowance + ability to buy/sell holiday to fit your lifestyle
- A wellbeing programme with regular events and activities focused on your physical and mental wellbeing
- Participation in our Management Development Programme as soon as you start
- Personalised Development Plan
- Comprehensive induction and buddy to help you get up to speed in your first few months
- A light and airy, recently refurbished spacious modern office
- Charity fundraising events
We are looking for:
- ACCA/ACA Qualified with at least 1-2 years PQE in practice
- You will have at least 6 years’ UK practice experience
- Previous experience of line management and supervision
- University degree with a 2.1 or higher or 3 A-Level results (or equivalent) at BBC grade or higher
- Create a positive impression with clients and staff
- Excellent client relationship management skills and aptitude to assist with business development activities including providing support to directors to on board clients
- Highly commercial approach
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A proactive approach, prepared to go the extra mile
- Strong IT skills, able to pick up new IT packages quickly & good working knowledge of systems such as Xero, SAGE, Quickbooks & Excel
- Enjoy developing more junior staff
Please do not apply if you cannot tick all of the above criteria.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you think you are suitable for the role via the form below.
For more information on what it is like working at Shaw Gibbs, visit our career page:
Closing date for applications is 5pm Friday 26th February 2021.
Apply for Accounts Manager – Oxford Office
Sorry, we are unable to take any personal information from users based in Russia due to local data processing laws. However, please continue to search and apply for other jobs.
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly