Outsourcing Client Business Partner
Outsourcing Client Business Partner
Looking for an innovative firm where you can further your career, manage your own portfolio of Outsourcing clients with clear and fast progression into a senior management role?
Shaw Gibbs is a growing and fast-paced Top 100 independent accountancy, financial planning and insolvency practice operating across the Thames Valley, the Chilterns and London, as well as internationally as part of the DFK global association. We have a strong focus on innovation and industry best-practice, with our clients ranging from private clients to ambitious and high-growth owner-managed businesses and international subsidiaries. We also have specialist teams who act for those operating within the Medical and Real Estate sectors.
With offices in Oxford and London, we are located in two of the UK’s key investment hubs and have around 100 team members in total. Using leading-edge technology, our strategy is to deliver a personal and expert service to the highest standards.
We put our people first – you are the future of our business. We will develop your strengths, empower you to take on more responsibility and help you set out your career path. Our culture is very important to us and is centred on our company values: Collaborative, Innovative, Expert and Respectful. We are known for being a friendly and supportive team where everyone receives training and development; not just on technical knowledge but also commercial, management and leadership skills.
Our Outsourcing division, which provides our clients the full range of accounting and back office services, is one of the fastest growing in our practice and as such we are looking for outstanding candidates to help us support this growth.
This is a full-time permanent position based in our Oxford office.
You will be someone who is driven and thrives in the variety this role brings and be able to provide commercial/financial expertise to support your client’s business
Your key responsibilities will be:
- To be the primary day-to-day contact for your allocated portfolio of clients regarding all data processing activities and treasury matters, taking responsibility for all duties up to and including the production of (often complex) management information;
- Data processing activities to be conducted by the team to include bank transactions, sales and purchase ledger items, expense claims and all other general ledger postings, journals etc;
- Active business partnering to ensure informed reporting of risks & opportunities, actuals and forecast variance analysis
- Analytically review results and analyse key performance indicators for your clients;
- Ensure that allocated teams are keeping all accounting systems up to date and accurate within the agree timeframes;
- Review VAT returns, EC sales lists and Intrastat returns, having an understanding of what is allowable under the VAT rules and the basis principles of partial exemption and how this operates;
- Prepare basic statutory financial statements for clients with little or no supervision, having an awareness of the disclosure requirements of the Companies Act;
- Prepare an audit file which could be provided to the client’s auditors, with supporting schedules for all balance sheet items;
- Knowledge of UKGAAP and desirably IFRS;
- Carry out ad hoc assignments, often to include budgeting and assistance with cash flow forecasting and training clients in use of their accounting systems;
- Assist with tendering to potential new clients as well as the implementation phase for new engagements;
- Liaise and collaborate with tax, payroll and other departments on client matters, identifying cross-selling opportunities;
- Promote the interests of the firm to clients, prospective clients and other third parties;
- Assist with portfolio allocation across the wider team and monitor time allocations, budgets and deadlines, including data insight for internal management reporting and checklist monitoring;
- Work in accordance with defined systems and procedures as well challenging the status quo where there may be a more efficient way of doing things;
- Line manage and develop more junior members of the team.
What we can offer you
- Exposure to a wide range of clients across many sectors;
- Personalised Career Map, commencing with steps to support your progression into a senior management role;
- Participation in our Management Development Programme to help realise your full potential;
- Partner-level mentor and a Line Manager who will work closely with you to champion your development and provide day to day guidance;
- Competitive salary, holiday and benefits package, including flexible working, pension, life assurance and a fantastic retail discount scheme. Holiday allowances increase with service, plus we offer holiday trading whereby you can buy/sell holiday to fit your lifestyle;
- Company-wide Wellbeing Programme focused on encouraging positive mental and physical health;
- Modern, recently refurbished north Oxford office;
- A comprehensive induction to help you get up to speed quickly;
- Full study package if required to complete a professional qualification.
We would like to hear from you if you have a minimum of 4-5 years UK experience, from either a Practice Outsourcing team or senior management accountant/business partner in industry. Ideally, you will be ACCA/ACA/CIMA qualified but will consider part qualified and QBE candidates.
We are also looking for:
- A positive and confident self-starter, who understands the importance of maintaining positive client relationships as well as internal collaboration;
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written with an ability to work across a variety of clients during any one month;
- Exceptional attention to detail, demonstrating an organised approach to work; an ability to prioritise and meet tight timeframes with high quality output;
- An ability to apply technical accounting knowledge to real-life client situations;
- Strong IT skills, specifically Xero and Excel alongside an ability to pick up new software packages very quickly;
- Sage and CCH experience would also be an advantage.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you think you are suitable for the role via the form below.
For more information on what it is like to work at Shaw Gibbs, visit our Careers page:
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 26th February 2021.
Apply for Outsourcing Client Business Partner
Sorry, we are unable to take any personal information from users based in Russia due to local data processing laws. However, please continue to search and apply for other jobs.
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly