Rare opportunity to join a disruptive accountancy practice based in central London.
We are a dedicated team of accountants and tax advisors using technology and innovation to help the UK’s most exciting small businesses, startups, entrepreneurs and freelancers across the creative industries since 2009. Our systems and processes are cutting edge - we were one of the first UK firms to adopt cloud accounting.
We are expanding our business, and we are looking for a talented tax manager to join our growing team. The role is flexible and will enjoy a very good mix of office-based and remote working for an ideal work/life balance. Our people’s wellbeing and happiness is our first priority.
Working at a larger accountancy practice can be isolating at times and often means you will only learn a specific discipline or specialist area. Our Tax Manager role will be exposed to all areas of OMB accounting & tax for some of the UK’s most exciting small businesses and disruptive startups.
What you’ll need for the role:
- ACA, ACCA, CTA or equivalent
- Minimum two years of post-qualification experience
- Minimum two years experience managing a team
- Broad knowledge across OMB taxes
- Strong experience of working in a client facing role in practice
- Excellent people management skills including an interest in people development
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to implement change where required
- Strong planning, project management and organisational skills
- An ability to spot and develop fee-earning opportunities
- Working knowledge of FRS102 & FRS105 desirable, but not essential
The role requires you to:
- Lead a team of staff, provide training and support their development in tax
- Help drive efficiency within the team
- Review the teams tax work and ensure all deadlines are met
- Provide technical guidance when needed
- Be a dynamic multitasker
- Communicate clearly with your team, clients and the directors
- Provide support to the directors on advisory and project tax work
The role could be a fast-track to senior tax manager and a clear route to director level and an equity stake in the business.