Manager - Outsourcing - Business Services & Outsourcing - London
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
The Business Services and Outsourcing team are essential to meeting our clients' evolving requirements. As well as delivering long-term, sustainable value to businesses by providing a range of solutions such as accounting, payroll and compliance services, they also play a key role in tying together many of our services across BDO both domestically and internationally. By building deep and meaningful relationships with a range of clients from ambitious entrepreneurial SMEs to large multi-national groups, our BS&O team don’t just advise on their specific business challenges, they open doors for other teams to provide our firm’s wider service offering. To succeed in this agile environment, you’ll need to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and initiative. In return, you’ll have the opportunity for progression, and the chance to develop in one of the industry’s most exciting and varied roles.
We’ll broaden your horizons
At BDO you can be yourself - we value you as an individual and want you to realize your career aspirations. We will give you the challenge and support you need and you are able to shape your own career according to your strengths, skills and personality. Working at BDO enhances your professional development at all stages of your career. Few firms offer the same breadth and quality of work, responsibility and experience. We recognize and reward your high performance and you have the opportunity to excel and share in our success. In this role you’ll:
- Manage and prepare more complex client assignments, identifying issues and suggesting solutions.
- Review regular management accounts for our client base and reporting to clients.
- Review VAT and FCA returns for clients prepared by junior members of the team.
- Review financial statements.
- Take responsibility for technical matters and resolve any problems which may arise.
- Manage the overall team on a day-to-day basis.
- Review work prepared by junior staff and conveys salient points from the work papers and annual compliance reports to the RI for discussion with the client.
- Use knowledge to analyse the current business processes of a client and identify. inefficiencies, improvements to their accounting system and where we can add value.
- Understand how to interpret trends in financial and non-financial KPIs in terms of business drivers, and explains issues to clients in a way that is easy to understand.
- Understand what financial information clients value for management/decision making and why.
- Be able to have advice based conversations with clients to help them navigate business decisions and teams should the need arise.
We’ll help you succeed
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or equivalent) or equivalent experience
- Solid accountancy experience required
- Relevant experience, gained in a similar manager role- ideally from practice environment
- Have the ability to advise on and implement financial systems, processes and controls
- Full knowledge of compliance and take on procedures
- Excellent knowledge of business trends in the industry
- Knowledge of the impacts that different client/industries and service offerings have on the technical work and final deliverables
- Up to date technical knowledge, therefore able to teach and mentor staff
- In depth knowledge of financial reporting and accounting functions
- Excellent understanding of ecosystem of cloud accounting software and add-ons and can articulate the purpose and value of appropriate systems to clients
- Understands the rules and regulations of doing business in the UK
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 28 days’ holiday;
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cash allowance
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- access childcare vouchers;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?
For further information, and to
apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.