Internal Audit Manager - Public Sector Internal Assurance
Internal Audit Manager - Public Sector Internal Assurance.
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
The work of our Audit teams is essential, not just to BDO, but to the whole economy. Working within a number of sectors, they verify the accuracy of our clients’ financial statements for stakeholders, including shareholders, governments, tax authorities, banks and customers, ensuring the stability and authenticity of the financial market. That’s why we're so committed to helping our clients, and our people to succeed. As part of our Audit team, you'll receive the support you need to reach your potential. From completing professional qualifications to developing new skills and exploring different learning opportunities, you’ll join a friendly and diverse team whose work really matters. Use your skills to build a career in Audit at BDO.
This opportunity is open in the following offices: Southampton, London.
We’ll help you succeed
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Internal Audit Manager role within our Public Sector team based in either London or Southampton. The individual will manage multiple internal audit teams and assignments of varying complexity line with the audit plan and BDO’s internal audit methodology. You will also support Directors and Partners with work, build excellent client relationship, assist with the department’s strategy and support marketing and business development projects. You’ll also:
- Deliver Risk Management, Corporate Governance and Internal Audit assignments which may involve benchmarking systems and processes, and making recommendations for improvement.
- Co-determine with the Partner/Director an audit strategy and risk assessment that will enable profits and the delivery of a value proposition.
- Review audit files and audit reports, including assessment of the appropriateness of the recommendation.
- Responsible for the planning and scheduling of individual assignments, undertake staff scheduling, ensuring that you have the “best” team for the client.
- Manage the billing and collection in respect of each client in their portfolio.
- Attend Audit Committee meetings as appropriate. Prioritise work so resources are devoted to areas of highest risk in line with the audit needs assessment.
- Manage department activities and client relationships on a day to day basis; ensuring excellent client service is delivered at all times.
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- Relevant internal audit and managerial experience.
- MIIA, ACA, ACCA, CIPFA or CCAB qualified.
- Awareness of compliance, legislative and market issues relevant to client businesses.
- Full driving licence and own car is preferable (Flexibility to travel on a regular basis locally with potential for wider travel including international assignments).
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review renumeration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 28 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- access childcare vouchers;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 5,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?
For further information, and to
apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.