Financial Services Accounting Advisory Senior Manager
Audit Senior Manager
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
The work of our Audit teams is essential, not just to BDO, but to the whole economy. Working within a number of sectors, they verify the accuracy of our clients’ financial statements for stakeholders, including shareholders, governments, tax authorities, banks and customers, ensuring the stability and authenticity of the financial market. That’s why we're so committed to helping our clients, and our people to succeed. As part of our Audit team, you'll receive the support you need to reach your potential. From completing professional qualifications to developing new skills and exploring different learning opportunities, you’ll join a friendly and diverse team whose work really matters. Use your skills to build a career in Audit at BDO.
We’ll help you succeed
You’ll be a Senior Manager in the Financial Services Accounting Advisory team you’ll play a key role in supporting the Financial Services Accounting Advisory Leader in ensuring that we continue to deliver quality to our clients. The accounting advice and support that we provide clients spans accounting change (IFRS 9, 16 and 17, interest rate benchmark reform and transition between frameworks), group reorganisations and structuring of transactions to achieve an desired accounting outcome, financial instruments accounting and reporting, climate and corporate reporting and other aspects of accounting, including training. This position is ideal for a technically strong individual at a Senior Manager level, who has broad experience of financial services from either a client-facing or technical specialist background and who wishes to maximise their potential and the breadth of their experience in a growing professional services firm. You’ll also:
- Supporting the Accounting Advisory Leader to scope, win and deliver accounting advisory engagements with reference to client needs, ensuring the high quality of our advice and support to our clients.
- Leading and delivering accounting advisory assignments in the required timeframe as agreed with the client.
- Being the primary point of contact with senior members of client teams, including members of the C-Suite and other executives.
- Ensuring projects are well managed and commercially viable by working effectively and efficiently and billing clients promptly.
- Taking a leading role in the identification of business development opportunities and bringing them to the attention of the Accounting Advisory Leader.
- Realising the opportunities through marketing and development of thought leadership, publications, methodologies and other collateral.
- Acting as a subject matter expert on technical accounting matters and supporting audit teams with such matters that arise during the course of an audit.
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- Professional qualification ACA or ACCA or equivalent
- Ability to lead and deliver complex accounting advisory engagements, including planning, controlling and completing a diverse range of assignments that adhere to firm policy on quality
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to present information in a clear and concise manner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to influence, lead, engage and manage a number of stakeholders
- Efficient and effective time management and organisation skills.
- Experience of delivery of accounting advice with clients across the financial services sector, particularly banks and / or insurers
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant technical standards (IFRSs and UK GAAP) and relevant laws and regulations, such as the Companies Act
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 28 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- Private medical cover;
- Income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- access childcare vouchers;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?
Our Agency Policy
BDO has a commitment to building relationships directly with candidates (and agencies) in our local markets and as such, we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We work closely with our preferred suppliers to support us in sourcing quality candidates but we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the BDO Resourcing team. We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to BDO by any means other than through our recruitment portal. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the BDO Resourcing team, BDO reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.
For further information, and to
apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.