Global Business Services Senior Executive - Business Services & Outsourcing - Reading
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
The Business Services and Outsourcing team are essential to meeting our clients' evolving requirements. As well as delivering long-term, sustainable value to businesses by providing a range of solutions such as accounting, payroll and compliance services, they also play a key role in tying together many of our services across BDO both domestically and internationally. By building deep and meaningful relationships with a range of clients from ambitious entrepreneurial SMEs to large multi-national groups, our BS&O team don’t just advise on their specific business challenges, they open doors for other teams to provide our firm’s wider service offering. To succeed in this agile environment, you’ll need to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and initiative. In return, you’ll have the opportunity for progression, and the chance to develop in one of the industry’s most exciting and varied roles.
We’ll broaden your horizons
BDO’s Reading Global Business Services team specialises in providing international accounting services. We now require a Senior Executive to join our team to deliver all aspects of client accounting operations to our growing client base. The team has experienced significant growth in recent years and this position offers a real opportunity for the right candidate to join a successful and expanding team with proven career opportunities and clear career path.
At BDO you can be yourself - we value you as an individual and want you to realise your career aspirations. We will give you the challenge and support you need and you are able to shape your own career according to your strengths, skills and personality. Working at BDO enhances your professional development at all stages of your career. Few firms offer the same breadth and quality of work, responsibility and experience. We recognise and reward your high performance and you have the opportunity to excel and share in our success. You’ll also be responsible for:
- Production and review of timely and accurate information relating to financial information of clients
- Quality reviews of treasury payment files
- Ensure that all project deliverables for a client are being met in line with agreed timetables
- Oversee team and ensure adequate resourcing in order to meet said deliverables
- Acting as the main contact point for their client, dealing with issues, responding to client requests and building strong working relationships
- Coach and mentor more junior team members
- Liaison with BDO local offices to ensure queries are dealt with and review of reporting provided by local teams.
- Raising issues with managers when required, and providing solutions
- Drive forward process efficiencies and change within the team
- Involvement in new client transitions
- Opportunities to get involved in non-client related projects including sales and marketing.
- Maintain high standards of quality and appropriate attitude to risk by understanding and adhering to relevant internal and external requirements to ensure exceptional client service is provided to clients at every stage of the project.
We’ll help you succeed
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- Qualified accountant (ACCA, ACA,CIMA)
- Ability to think on your feet
- Excellent communication skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Attention to detail and ability to identify and solve issues
- Knowledge of accounting software supporting international operations such as Accounts IQ, XERO, SAPB1, etc. (preferred)
- Experience working with US clients with variety of foreign operations (preferred)
- Foreign languages (preferred)
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- income protection insurance.
- TOIL for overtime worked
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- access childcare vouchers;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?
For further information, and to
apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.