Senior Audit Manager - Global Offerings - London
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
The work of our Audit teams is essential, not just to BDO, but to the whole economy. Working within a number of sectors, they verify the accuracy of our clients’ financial statements for stakeholders, including shareholders, governments, tax authorities, banks and customers, ensuring the stability and authenticity of the financial market. That’s why we're so committed to helping our clients, and our people to succeed. As part of our Audit team, you'll receive the support you need to reach your potential. From completing professional qualifications to developing new skills and exploring different learning opportunities, you’ll join a friendly and diverse team whose work really matters. Use your skills to build a career in Audit at BDO.The US Markets Audit Manager works as part of a U.S. Capital Markets team on transactions or takes responsibility for running or being part of U.S. audit teams, working directly with the client under senior manager or director supervision. The Audit Manager manages a high quality deliverable on Capital Markets transactions or ensures project management of the audit process to ensure our audits are of high quality.This role is based in London and will require some International travel.
We’ll help you succeed
You’ll be joining as a vital member of this growing and dynamic team. We truly understand the issues our clients face and have a complete commitment to delivering exceptional client service. You’ll be responsible for servicing clients, directing all assurance services delivered, managing our people and supporting the Partners with business development and practice management. You’ll also:
- Participates as an individual contributor & a team member w/ senior Capital Markets practitioners & other external professionals (eg, bankers, lawyers, auditors, advisors) on complex accounting & financial reporting matters related to deals & other transformational events on a daily basis.
- Advising multi-national, publicly-traded companies & private equity firms on a broad range of technical accounting, financial reporting, & capital markets topics including:
- IPOs, debt offerings, private placements,
- carve-outs and/or spin-offs;
- acquisitions, alliances/joint ventures, post deal accounting;
- restructurings, restatements,
- GAAP conversions, change in accounting standards, complex accounting issues.
- Demonstrates a strong interest in deals, capital markets, complex accounting & other transactions-based activities & should expect to operate in a high pressure, fast-paced work environment.
- Assists in the planning, execution and finalisation of all areas of the audit assignment for manager or partner review, seeking input for areas of concern and judgement.
- Predominant amount of time will be spent off-site at clients’ premises.
- Identifies risk matters and raises with a manager and/or partner, while exercising judgement within agreed parameters.
- Produce work for the Manager and/or Partner review clearly highlighting issues and providing potential solutions to issues identified.
- Identify and understand client needs, suggest potential solutions on technical matters and communicate and agree client needs and potential solutions with managers.
- Active engagement with senior client staff in order to gain a good understanding of their business and ensure the efficient execution of the audit
- Supervise, coach and develop junior members of staff within teams, on client premises and in the office.
- Ensure compliance with internal (BDO USA audit methodology) and external (PCAOB standards) requirements
- Participate in group, stream and firm wide activities
- ACA/ACCA/ICAS qualified or overseas equivalent
- Significant experience of delivering audit and other assurance services to major clients, including listed (full list and AIM) clients and clients with international interests.
- Excellent working knowledge of UK and International GAAS, IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements.
- Managing and developing staff (not only audit teams), i.e. coordinating staff projects, mentoring, counselling, appraising, recruiting etc.
- Business development experience- able to identify and convert opportunities to sell work.
- Proven experience in managing a wide portfolio of concurrent projects and project teams in a project management framework.
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 28 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- access childcare vouchers;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 5,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.Are you ready to join them?For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.