Senior Audit Manager; Corporate - Reading
We’ll broaden your horizons
The work of our Audit teams is essential, not just to BDO, but to the whole economy. Working within a number of sectors, they verify the accuracy of our clients’ financial statements for stakeholders, including shareholders, governments, tax authorities, banks and customers, ensuring the stability and authenticity of the financial market. That’s why we're so committed to helping our clients, and our people to succeed. As part of our Audit team, you'll receive the support you need to reach your potential. From completing professional qualifications to developing new skills and exploring different learning opportunities, you’ll join a friendly and diverse team whose work really matters. Use your skills to build a career in Audit at BDO.
We’ll help you succeed
You’ll be joining a dynamic and forward thinking team that forms an imperative part of the firm. You’ll be working on-site at clients, and in the office, ensuring that all aspects of the audit are completed on time and within budget. We will support you so that you can continue growing and will push you to excel in your audit career with us through professional qualifications and mentoring
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review renumeration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 28 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- access childcare vouchers;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 5,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
- Act as audit lead on all clients including fully listed and AIM listed clients. The expectation is that on large assignments this role will be supported by one (or more) Managers. Overall responsibility for each assignment will be retained by the Partner.
- Responsible for leading and directing all aspects of audit services delivered.
- People management responsibilities covering resource planning and allocation, performance management, training and recommendations for promotion.
- Act as a mentor to team members and provide coaching with a view to assisting them to achieve their personal career goals. Act as a role model for Manager level.
- Responsible for maximising profitability from a portfolio of clients whilst maintaining Audit Quality
- Liaison with central departments on risk management, technical and other matters.
- Take part in wider practice management at local level.
- Support Partners in group sales and marketing activity, including playing a leading role in client pitch teams, attendance at group networking, and other marketing events as appropriate.
- Contribute to development of new business relationships and business proposals through high level sales and marketing activity. This will include winning work by targeting new clients.
- Support Partners with the implementation and communication of any new business strategy for existing clients, target clients and the internal business.
Develop specialist knowledge of a sector and/or technical area, and/or commercial area
- ACA/ACCA/ICAS qualified or overseas equivalent.
- Previous Audit Manager in practice.
- Significant experience of delivering audit and other assurance services to major clients, including listed (full list and AIM) clients and clients with international interests.
- Excellent working knowledge of UK and International GAAS, IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements.
- Managing and developing staff (not only audit teams), i.e. coordinating staff projects, mentoring, counselling, appraising, recruiting etc.
- Business development experience- able to identify and convert opportunities to sell work.
- Proven experience in managing a wide portfolio of concurrent projects and project teams in a project management framework.
- Able to demonstrate the development of an industry network.
Strong sector focus appropriate to BDO clients.
For further information, and to
apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.