International Tax Manager
Job Title/Grade: International Tax Manager
Department: Corporate Finance
Reports to: Vice President, Accounting
Date: March 29, 2021
Function of the position:
DAI is seeking its first International Tax Manager. DAI is a privately held $600m global consulting firm with operations in over 70 countries. The candidate will bring a tax perspective to internal discussions on strategic and operational decision-making, hold the relationship with DAI’s outside tax advisors and preparers, and support compliance and optimization across DAI’s global business.
The successful candidate will be able to communicate complex tax concepts in ways that can be understood and are useful to non-tax professionals. The candidate will drive planning and program management for the tax work-stream and collaborate with business partners and other functional stakeholders.
The candidate will primarily focus on corporate tax matters but also have an awareness of withholding tax, indirect tax and transfer pricing matters.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Research international tax issues – working with outside advisers as necessary.
- Identify corporate tax options and elections with ability to model related impacts.
- Provide relevant tax guidance and build relationships and understanding within the business to support compliance and minimize risk.
- Assess and communicate impact of changes in tax regimes in the countries where DAI works.
- Manage relationships with outside tax advisors, improving impact from existing engagements and setting up new engagements where appropriate.
- Engage with regulatory authorities as needed.
- Provide tax-related input on acquisitions, divestments, minority investments, and major capital expenditures.
- On an ongoing basis, review and update DAI’s transfer pricing policy; manage withholding tax issues.
- Grade 10: Bachelor’s degree and nine years of relevant professional experience; master’s degree and seven years of relevant professional experience; or equivalent professional work experience
- Grade 11: Bachelor’s degree and eleven years of relevant professional experience; master’s degree and nine years of relevant professional experience; or equivalent professional work experience
- Significant professional international corporate tax experience with a multinational corporation.
- Understanding of tax optimization in a multinational business.
- Experience working with outside tax advisors
- Experience with US, UK, and/or EU tax regimes.
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, management, or finance preferred
- Certified Tax Accountant (CTA) certification preferred
- Experience with tax regimes in emerging markets preferred.
- Experience with taxation of professional services firms preferred.
Organization and Values
DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.
DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner.
DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All of our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Apply for International Tax Manager
Sorry, we are unable to take any personal information from users based in Russia due to local data processing laws. However, please continue to search and apply for other jobs.
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly