Financial Risk Infrastructure Business Solutions_Regulatory Reporting - Assistant Vice President
Job Title: Business Analyst/ Regulatory Reporting
Purpose of Role:
The Finance Risk Infrastructure Business Solutions Team (FRIBS) is responsible for providing business and technology solutions for our Finance and Risk business partners.
The Business Analyst is a key position responsible for identifying and resolving all types of data issues and preparing and delivering reporting along with Business Unit core team, IT, Enterprise Data Governance & Management. The analyst would look to ensure high levels of data quality, integrity, privacy, availability, security, usability and adherence to Corporate policies and procedures and regulatory reporting.
- Work with the Business teams to gather detailed, accurate and specific data requirements
- Gain a deep understanding of the regulatory environment in US, APAC and EMEA. Develop expertise on all components involved in the Financial Accounting and Reporting architecture, at regional level and contribute towards Business and IT process improvements.
- Experience in Regulatory Reporting implementations and Change Management
- Prepare functional and technical specifications documents and work closely with developers to ensure that they understand the specifications and deliver solutions for these specifications. Have a strong understanding of financial source systems, data repositories
- Work with Global counterparts and identify common tools and techniques which can be employed to increase the overall productivity of the team
- Work with other Business Analysts on firm-wide initiatives and participate in the front-to-back user testing and regression testing.
- Work on optimizing the project plan and review the test plan and co-ordinate with all necessary teams.
- Work with Business Analysts on firm-wide initiatives and participate in the testing phases
- Prepare functional and technical specifications documents and work closely with developers to ensure that they understand the specifications and deliver solutions for these specifications
- Perform Data Analytics and Data Analysis
- Support enterprise data-decision making processes and facilitate discussion to address conflicting viewpoints with the goal of arriving at mutually satisfactory agreements.
- Support leads as they guide the business and initiative area steward needs for information sourcing; provisioning; consumption; standardization; and reporting & analytics.
- Support the resolution of data, information and processing challenges that are having an adverse impact on the operational environment and/or business performance.
- Create reporting around data governance progress for key stakeholders and management.
- Participate/Initiate data quality efforts working closely with key stakeholders to design, develop and deploy process redesign, and tool implementation, where needed.
Skills and Experience:
- Working knowledge of Axiom and associated data models and requirements is preferred
- Data & business analysis skills – Familiarity with data feeds, mapping documents, data specification documents. Ability to trace data elements through their lineage and transformation as data elements move through systems.
- Preferable to have prior experience in working for Data Intensive programs in Banking or Financial Services
- Proficiency in SQL is expected
- Strong written and oral communication skills to motivate and influence staff and customers are required.
- Ability to understand data models, data taxonomy, and a deep appreciation of data standards and data quality. Strong understanding of data management concepts, principles and practices.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent project management skills to manage multiple issues simultaneously.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Prior business operations and analyst role with data focus. Experienced in managing/monitoring data.
- Self-confidence, high energy and tenacity in bringing issues to closure and moving forward are highly desired.
- BA/BS Computer Science / Business / MIS (or equivalent work experience to substitute for education).
- Demonstrated and proven leadership ability along with proven project / people management skills.
- Understands Data Sourcing, Data Transformation, Data Mappings, Data Model, Normalization (& De Normalization)
- Good knowledge of Banking, Securities, loan, trade products, Finance and Accounting
- Understanding of Agile Methodology
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.