Finance Data Office - Issue Management and Data Governance AVP (London, UK)
- Dynamic role within the Finance division in one of the world’s top tier Financial Institutions and gain first-hand insight into the business
- Open minded, collaborative and welcoming environment, where your ideas are taken seriously
- Continued professional career development based on your career interests
- Opportunity to work with high performing teams across Morgan Stanley
- Competitive salary and benefits package with eligibility for annual bonus
The Finance Data Office seeks an individual who likes problem solving, working with large data sets, traversing a large financial services firm following data flows to remediate data quality issues impacting the business. The right candidate will be comfortable communicating with business and technology colleagues to investigate data quality issues and to summarize and build unequivocal support for remediation based on results of business impact analysis and priorities.
- Work across teams to articulate issue facts, materiality, impact and track direct benefits
- Drive the issue remediation process across various teams in Finance, by hosting and facilitating meetings amongst SMEs required to drive items to closure
- Be accountable for escalation of Data issues to Finance Data Committee (FDC) via Data champions and Firmwide Data Governance Committees
- Track, adjudicate and report, Data Issues
- Support, facilitate and strengthen the Issue Management and identification of data quality risk concentrations across Finance, including the establishment of key documentation and controls
- Prepare materials for and respond to issue management requests by the FDC or Firm wide Data Governance Committee and working group meetings including status updates and implementation planning
- Work across control functions to support the implementation of Policies, Standards and Processes required as part of the Governance Framework
Qualifications / Skills Required
- University degree (BSc or BA) in accounting, finance or related discipline
- Experience in investment banking
- Basic knowledge of Financial products across asset classes
- Ability to query data using following tools - MS Excel, SQL, MS Access, Alteryx, Python, R
- Knowledge and experience on the following would be beneficial
- Experience in any one of the capital, Liquidity or Financial reporting would be beneficial e.g. COREP, FINREP, CCAR, FFIEC 101, FFIEC 102, Y9C, AnaCredit, FR2052a, LCR, NSFR etc
- Basic knowledge about Credit and Market Risk
- Excellent communications skills
Finance Data Office – Issue Management Team. The team sets and promotes data management standards and governance for Finance to drive towards improved data quality and manage risks related to data quality through:-
- Promoting centralized issue logging and management for all areas withing Finance i.e. Capital, Liquidity, Financial, Balance Sheet, P&L, Tax, Valuation Control etc
- Work with stakeholders on the issues logged to prioritize, perform root cause & impact analysis, identify the upstream system which requires the fix
- Manage issue lifecycle and keep issue register up to date
- Produce issue and benefits metrics based on issue closure which are shared in various forums
- Identify / perform risk concentration analysis on issues
The team is spread across Europe (London), America (New York) and Asia (Manila).
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. Morgan Stanley provides a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, achieve and grow. You will be exposed to a truly international and multi-cultural environment that appreciates and respects individuality.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.