2IC Financial Reporting
Who we are
Our core principles of service, expertise and integrity have guided us from our start as a Chicago bank in 1889 to our position as a multi-faceted global financial services provider. Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally.
Our focus on employee work/life balance, diversity, career mobility and unique opportunities are among the reasons we’ve been named one of America's Best Large Employers and recognized as an employer of choice around the world
What we do
Northern Trust’s international business has grown dramatically over the last decade. Some of our largest clients are located in Asia and Australia, which represents a rapidly growing client base for the company. Our intricate understanding of the region allows us to provide unique insights and strategic perspectives to our clients. Currently, we have client offices in Beijing, Hong Kong, Melbourne, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo and Kuala Lumpur.
Northern Trust is proud to serve the Australian community with global capabilities, meaningful insights and exceptional service. Institutional clients across Asia Pacific have relied on Northern Trust for effective solutions and ethical guidance across asset servicing and asset management since 1986.
What you will do
This position supports the Australian Investment Accounting team as the 2IC and is responsible for monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual financial reporting, regulatory reporting and tax reporting to a diverse range of investment manager and superannuation fund clients.
It will be crucial to establish a level of client knowledge, to ensure all requirements are met and allow the team to build the relationship further. This will also involve managing new client onboarding process as it relates to financial reporting and tax, in conjunction with other teams.
You will report to the Manager of Financial Reporting and Tax and work closely with other teams to achieve client reporting objectives (i.e. Unit Pricing, Business Process Analysts, Client Services, Operations and Technology).
- Experience working within a Custodian, Superannuation fund, or Investment Manager accounting/tax team
- Technical understanding and practical application of accounting and tax concepts as they relate to Managed Investment Schemes (MIS’s) and Superannuation funds
- Understanding and experience in working with unit pricing and unit registry personnel
- Client service and relationship management
- Demonstrated understanding of the application of Australian Accounting Standards as they relate to MIS’s and Superannuation funds, and the different assets they invest in
- Demonstrated understanding of the application of Australian Tax rules as they relate to MIS’s and Superannuation funds, and the different assets they invest in and an understanding of different trust structures and entity types
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the application of regulatory reporting requirements – APRA, ABS, BAS, PAYG
- Strong excel skills and the proficiency in utilizing financial statements and tax reporting system tools
- Experience in building and maintaining client relationships
- Leading implementation of new clients
- Experience in reviewing financial statements
- Accounting/Commerce/Finance degree qualified ideally with a CA or CPA
- 9 years of relevant experience
As of September 30, 2020, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $13.1 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $10.1 trillion in assets under custody
- $1.3 trillion in assets under management
- $152 billion in banking assets
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018. In Australia, we are actively involved in many ways with both community and diversity organisations, which includes charity participation days. For families we offer a very generous parental leave scheme, and all staff have access to subsidised health insurance if they choose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today!
- Want to learn more about our company? Visit northerntrust.com
- We are a leading global financial institution- Click here to check out our company accolades!
For a private discussion please contact Gez Williams on +61 3 9935 8204.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.